• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

how big should your warchest be?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    You store the money wherever its most sensible to do so. Its still a war chest.
    Ouch .. I just agreed with Vetty .... I need a shower now
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Kids? oh you mean female friends!
      You're confusing me with R Kelly .... my female friend is 43, which I believe is classed as adult and competent to make adult decisions

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

You're confusing me with R Kelly .... my female friend is 43, which I believe is classed as adult and competent to make adult decisions
        depends on the species

Comment

Ouch .. I just agreed with Vetty .... I need a shower now
          Agreeing with logic is hardly a sin but then you so rarely do ...
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

my female friend is 43, which I believe is classed as adult and competent to make adult decisions
            That's debatable given she's been persuaded to spend time with you.....
            But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

my female friend is 43, which I believe is classed as adult and competent to make adult decisions
              I dunno. PC is about that age and he clearly isn't.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                I don't explicitly keep a separate warchest. Do others view it has how many months their Ltd could continue to pay salary/dividends without any income?
                Exactly this - I have personal funds i can use if needed, and other options to get cash if I were out of work too long, but my 'war chest' to me is company cash that will continue to pay exactly the same level of salary + dividends even if no more money goes in. That's how long I know I can coast along without needing to make substantial changes.

As Whorty said - knowing your outgoings is the only way to work out how much cash pays for how much bench time. I recently worked out my family outgoings (and it's a shocking exercise), but I know which costs are fixed (mortgage etc.) and which are variable and can be squeezed if needed. That helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Noiro View Post

Exactly this - I have personal funds i can use if needed, and other options to get cash if I were out of work too long, but my 'war chest' to me is company cash that will continue to pay exactly the same level of salary + dividends even if no more money goes in. That's how long I know I can coast along without needing to make substantial changes.

As Whorty said - knowing your outgoings is the only way to work out how much cash pays for how much bench time. I recently worked out my family outgoings (and it's a shocking exercise), but I know which costs are fixed (mortgage etc.) and which are variable and can be squeezed if needed. That helps.
                  This for me as well. It's my company war chest to keep the company operating normally in times of no business.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lorakeen View Post

depends on the species
                    So attacking someone you don't know just because you don't like me? Doesn't make you look good deary.

Comment

So attacking someone you don't know just because you don't like me? Doesn't make you look good deary.
                      don't dish it if you can't take it.

Comment

Working...
                      X