• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Energy Crisis

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm with Utility Point (or was till last week, when they stopped trading). Got the email from EDF saying I'm being moved to them - no new tariff details yet to see how much they'll try to shaft me with their standard variable rate.

Comment

Martin Lewis suggests that staying with the cap might be the best policy as prices could go down over the next few months and you don't want to be stuck with a rubbish fixed price deal.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
        Martin Lewis suggests that staying with the cap might be the best policy as prices could go down over the next few months and you don't want to be stuck with a rubbish fixed price deal.
        Yeah, I typically go for one with no early exit fee. I've been an energy rate tart since the market was opened up and, within reason, will switch as soon any new tariff (including any cashback deal) is better than the one i'm on. It's a couple of hours work once/twice a year.

Comment

Originally posted by silent bob View Post

bugger, we're with Avro
          Yep, me too, tired to log in to my account to get statements but no joy

Learning point - keep a copy of the latest statement on the NAS
          Growing old is mandatory
          Growing up is optional

Comment

Customer of Bulb and Igloo download your statements NOW

https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/16196...-at-risk-2021/

Bulb, the UK's sixth largest supplier, has warned it is seeking emergency funding, sparking fears it may be in trouble.

It is believed four more small suppliers are also at risk of going under.

Igloo Energy is rumoured to be among, those after reports that it is speaking to the same firm as Green, which recently went under.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I just swtched over to Avro from Green on the 20th and both have gone bust, I can't wait to see what Ofgem have in store! Avro took an upfront payment of £113 a week ago and I'm in credit with Green.
              In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                Customer of Bulb and Igloo download your statements NOW

https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/16196...-at-risk-2021/

Bulb, the UK's sixth largest supplier, has warned it is seeking emergency funding, sparking fears it may be in trouble.

It is believed four more small suppliers are also at risk of going under.

Igloo Energy is rumoured to be among, those after reports that it is speaking to the same firm as Green, which recently went under.
                I'm with Bulb but last week decided to move away from them so I'm hoping the switch over completes before they go under. Fortunately, they email their statements every month so there's no need to download them if you kept the emails.

And I'm in credit with them so I'll be wanting that back sharpish.

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post

Yep, me too, tired to log in to my account to get statements but no joy

Learning point - keep a copy of the latest statement on the NAS
                  Thought this might happen so DL'd my latest Avro statement 2 days ago. If you cannot get a copy of your last statement, you need to take a screenshot of your meter reads on your phone. Keep these as reference going forward and switching.

Comment

https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/don...ys-2021-09-23/

Don't panic

Don't Panic

DON'T PANIC!!!!
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

I’m with Outfox the Market. Hoping they will survive.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X