• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

XR now blocking M25

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post

Rule 6

Motorways. Pedestrians MUST NOT be on motorways or slip roads except in an emergency (see Rule 271 and Rule 275).

Laws RTRA sect 17, MT(E&W)R reg 15(1)(b) & MT(S)R reg 13

HTH someone who obviously has read their highway code!
    But it IS an EMERGENCY, a CLIMATE CATASTROPHE EXTINCTION LEVEL THREAT EMERGENCY!!!!

What's more important, getting to work/hospital/school or saving the lives of every living organism on the planet!

I design idiot proof software. Trouble is, they keep making better idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post

But it IS an EMERGENCY, a CLIMATE CATASTROPHE EXTINCTION LEVEL THREAT EMERGENCY!!!!

What's more important, getting to work/hospital/school or saving the lives of every living organism on the planet!

Its code red!!!!
      "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        You're right, they aren't already.
        That's a link to a proposal which went to consultation. It's not the current regulations, and may not become part of the regs in 4 years time.
        {emotionless greeting}

Three Word Slogan

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

You're right, they aren't already.
          That's a link to a proposal which went to consultation. It's not the current regulations, and may not become part of the regs in 4 years time.
          Being E is already a requirement from 2018. So they are now.

Band C according to the smart money will be law by 2025.
          "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post

Rule 6

Motorways. Pedestrians MUST NOT be on motorways or slip roads except in an emergency (see Rule 271 and Rule 275).

Laws RTRA sect 17, MT(E&W)R reg 15(1)(b) & MT(S)R reg 13

HTH someone who obviously has read their highway code!
            Yeah because you didn't google that...
            And is breaking this rule punishable by a prison sentence?

I've heard there is no rule 6.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

There is also 'wilful obstruction of a highway'

Obstruction of the Highway
              Section 137 of the Highways Act 1980 says that “if a person, without lawful authority or excuse, in any way wilfully obstructs the free passage along a highway he is guilty of an offence”. The penalty for this offence is a fine and not imprisonment.
              And I guess while dealing with that Public Order offences come in to play as well as Obstructing/resist a Police Officer in Execution of Duty and Assault With Intent to Resist Arrest.
              Last edited by northernladuk; 13 September 2021, 10:40.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Yeah because you didn't google that...
                And is breaking this rule punishable by a prison sentence?

I've heard there is no rule 6.
                Obviously a skill you you haven't yet mastered otherwise a 10 second check would prevent you from spouting BS (or maybe not in your case).

And when you have mastered it you can find various newspapers reporting arrests for walking on a motorway.
                But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

What laws have they broken, beyond the green cross code?
                  Quite clearly none, judging by the number of police standing around doing nothing in a couple of the videos. Mind you, those protesters do look quite dangerous, I wonder if they are a splinter group of the Girl Guides...
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post

Quite clearly none, judging by the number of police standing around doing nothing in a couple of the videos. Mind you, those protesters do look quite dangerous, I wonder if they are a splinter group of the Girl Guides...

Although I don't think a bunch of lefties is going to have a splinter group with the word girl in it?
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I am sure no one would be so supportive if they were on the way to a meeting/interview they missed; they missed their flight; they missed their hospital appointment; missed seeing family etc

Comment

Working...
                      X