• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are people here still masking up with in shops and public transport?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      It probably won't help you much but it will limit you spreading flu/cold/whatever which is a net positive.
      I don't care a hoot if I spread flu/cold/whatever, only what is spreaded to me!
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

I don't care a hoot if I spread flu/cold/whatever, only what is spreaded to me!
        That's 'cos you're an antisocial selfish git. Like most of us contractors!
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

That's 'cos you're an antisocial selfish git. Like most of us contractors!
          Partly that, but I also think it's a useful service to keep peoples' immune systems on the go
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Was in Cardiff over the weekend and in the shops it was 50/50. The bars in the evening were packed, and no one was wearing masks.
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
              Was in Cardiff over the weekend and in the shops it was 50/50. The bars in the evening were packed, and no one was wearing masks.
              https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/h...cases-21511579

First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
                Wondering if people are still wearing face coverings when indoors in public places, or have chosen to unmask now they are double jabbed?

I noticed in shops now, where you can choose, most have now ditched the mask.
                Wasn't wearing one when the "mandate" was there. So, no, not wearing one now either.

Back then if / when anyone asked, showed them the joke that is the self-declared exemption. The effect was similar to holding the cross before Dracula. But only had to show them that twice. A few times had to say "I'm exempt", and that worked just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                  Went to IKEA on Sunday and the majority of people had masks on, we went into Cardiff City centre afterwards and the majority weren't and people wonder why transmission rates are going up. I tend to wear one most of the time but I'm slowly losing the will to do so when the majority of others aren't
                  In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

It's merely a courtesy to me at this point, it's hardly a problem.
                    This....

Courtesy, and respect for other people's health costs nothing
                    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by OneManBand View Post
                      A few times had to say "I'm a ****", and that worked just fine.
                      FTFY.

Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X