• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are people here still masking up with in shops and public transport?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We've got flu season approaching and after having proper flu twice, I mean 5 days in bed, lost a stone in weight etc, I'll propably carry on wearing a mask just to avoid that if nothing else during the height of the season. Christ knows if it will make a difference but if it's the slightest chance of helping I'll be doing it.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Covid rates by me are shooting up, so yes, I'm still wearing one in shops for now.

Comment

Me too. No big deal.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Our local garage/general store has always been a hotspot for catching colds, flu etc.
          At least now I can a wear a face covering without looking like a total
          Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

6 months ago the masked were glaring at the unmasked in shops, now it kinda feels the other way round, they are looking like "what's wrong with you wearing that thing? Boris got Covid done!"

That's the sense I get now anyway.
            First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

No, not unless legally compelled to. Almost forgotten about masks/covid as have the vast majority I see around the place. But there's the October/Winter lockdown the government have promised definitely won't happen so got mask at the ready if (when) rules change.
              "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Wasn't there a, peer reviewed, study in Denmark which showed that waring a surgical mask inside or out bore not relation to Covid infection rates?

Ah yes

Comment

Chucked mine in the bin on Freedom Day...had enough
                  Formerly Sausage Surprise but forgot password on account that had email address from old gig

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    We've got flu season approaching and after having proper flu twice, I mean 5 days in bed, lost a stone in weight etc, I'll propably carry on wearing a mask just to avoid that if nothing else during the height of the season. Christ knows if it will make a difference but if it's the slightest chance of helping I'll be doing it.
                    It probably won't help you much but it will limit you spreading flu/cold/whatever which is a net positive.

Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

In and around that London I still wear a mask indoors (e.g. shops) and on public transport. TfL say you're supposed to wear a mask but it's not enforced. I think masks on the tube and busses is a good idea, especially with snotty season coming.

Comment

Working...
                      X