• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Multiple umbrella gigs with cherry on top - Perm Employment :)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple umbrella gigs with cherry on top - Perm Employment :)

Hello Folks
    I have been contracting for the past 9 years as LTD, sadly coming Jan this year I had to switch to PAYE (with a new contract) and get myself a per job that would pay the bills .

As I have a strong experience I was always very lucky to get multiple contracts at the same time , be it as ltd and even now, under Umbrella.

Having received my 1st payslip for a weeks work @450 my take home pay was £680 - I know I almost head a heart attack.

I have 2 Umbrella assignments under 2 dif umbrellas plus one kinda perm jobs.

What is the best way to be tax efficient in this situation, please and would HMRC suspect something weird or is it normal to have 2 - 3 jobs in this way?

Many Thanks

X

And another one, Specifically In General.

When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

This should be in Umbrella Companies or Accounting / Legal

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleHat View Post
        Hello Folks
        I have been contracting for the past 9 years as LTD, sadly coming Jan this year I had to switch to PAYE (with a new contract) and get myself a per job that would pay the bills .

As I have a strong experience I was always very lucky to get multiple contracts at the same time , be it as ltd and even now, under Umbrella.

Having received my 1st payslip for a weeks work @450 my take home pay was £680 - I know I almost head a heart attack.

I have 2 Umbrella assignments under 2 dif umbrellas plus one kinda perm jobs.

What is the best way to be tax efficient in this situation, please and would HMRC suspect something weird or is it normal to have 2 - 3 jobs in this way?

Many Thanks

X
        Sorry, you're jumping all over the place here.
        Trying to interpret what you are saying:
        You are working in a permanent job and you have two contracts with different umbrellas. You stopped running your Ltd in January 2021.
        How are you managing to do 3 jobs at 35+ hours per week?

In terms of your take home, you mention £450 - is that per hour, per day, per week?
        What is your tax code - check each pay slip!
        How much have you paid yourself from your Ltd since you stopped working through it?
        Have you spoken to your accountant?
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

What is it all of a sudden with all the noob posts in General?
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

To answer what I think is the question, None at all. Since all three are being paid net of taxes, you don't have the option to be "tax efficient", whatever you think that is.

But if you can't formulate a decent question, you will struggle to get a decent answer.
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

why don't you get a fourth job like most of us here.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                What is it all of a sudden with all the noob posts in General?
                Normally when they do, we move the post to the correct forum before the hounds are released, but one of the undocumented features of the new forum prevents us from doing that.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
                  why don't you get your butler to do a fourth job like most of us here.
                  FTFY

Comment

Working...
                  X