• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where are the women & kids?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    All the pictures show young men (except one with 2 kids) are they not at risk?
    Don't worry vetran, they'll all be here soon. UK to welcome 20,000 Afghans amid Taliban takeover ...Women, girls and others in need will have priority

I know you were very keen on this, will you be donating to help them?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I just made an observation that Islam has a way to go until it is seen as a modern religion that western people want to live under.
      Less an observation, more an ejaculation of ignorance you'd be wise not to remind people of - when you consider quite how many western muslims there are.

And conservative Muslims, in line with conservative Christians (and others I'm sure), have absolutely no interest in being "modern religion". They have an interest in being authentic (as far as they understand what that is).
      I cannot speak much for Muslims but a common query in the church is "how do we make Christianity more accessible for the modern world and stay relevant" and the best answer IMO is "don't"
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

Don't worry vetran, they'll all be here soon. UK to welcome 20,000 Afghans amid Taliban takeover ...Women, girls and others in need will have priority

I know you were very keen on this, will you be donating to help them?
        Sadly as we screwed it up we probably have to take them in. I would have preferred if we had continued to improve Afghanistan.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Less an observation, more an ejaculation of ignorance you'd be wise not to remind people of - when you consider quite how many western muslims there are.

And conservative Muslims, in line with conservative Christians (and others I'm sure), have absolutely no interest in being "modern religion". They have an interest in being authentic (as far as they understand what that is).
          I cannot speak much for Muslims but a common query in the church is "how do we make Christianity more accessible for the modern world and stay relevant" and the best answer IMO is "don't"
          Oh I am ignorant of your needs! Which Muslim country do you want to live in, and can we have a whip round to send you there?

With a bit of luck they will realise your nocturnal activities are Haram. Do they chop off an arm or something else?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_...ned%20for%20it.

My point was that Islam as a religion to run a country under is historically not a good choice if you want to accommodate minorities. Christianity is a little less abrasive but a secular society derived from a Christian base seems to be the best solution. Do mention any countries that break this rule.

I suggest 'modern' religions do not compete with the law of compassionate nations, Islam is behind mainline Christianity in this. Yes there are sects that don't agree but on the whole its true.

Comment

Sadly as we screwed it up we probably have to take them in. I would have preferred if we had continued to improve Afghanistan.
            Yeah would have been an interesting holiday destination....
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Oh I am ignorant of your needs! Which Muslim country do you want to live in, and can we have a whip round to send you there?
              I can think of a few that make nice holiday destinations....
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

... a common query in the church is "how do we make Christianity more accessible for the modern world and stay relevant" and the best answer IMO is "don't"
                I think Christianity would be more relevant in the modern world if the leaders of it showed Christ-like values. Unfortunately there isn't the financial incentive (USA), nor does it appeal to the right wing aspect of the church.
                It sometimes feels like the beatitudes and the parable of the sheep and goats are not to be taught to "christians" as it they are too challenging. Need to stick to things they can cope with, like the Torah.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

My point was that Islam as a religion to run a country under is historically not a good choice if you want to accommodate minorities
                  The Ottoman empire did fairly well. Recent history - well that's another matter.

You know what Islam has contributed to the study of Mathematics? Exactly and precisely, nothing.

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    The Ottoman empire did fairly well. Recent history - well that's another matter.

You know what Islam has contributed to the study of Mathematics? Exactly and precisely, nothing.
                    Yep Zero. Wait till you see what the Indians did for mathematics.

This is about wanting to live there now not past achievements.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catego...Ottoman_Empire

I wouldn't want to live there during that, would you? I wouldn't want to live in England much before 1950 either.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

I can think of a few that make nice holiday destinations....
                      Tunisia & Turkey were great places to visit but no I wouldn't want to live there, that really is the point.

Many Brits choose to live in mostly Christian Europe France/Spain/Germany etc. Not so many in predominantly Muslim countries.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_Europe

https://www.migrationwatchuk.org/bri...and-vice-versa

Again this is not an attack on faith just an observation that Islam needs to mature if it is to create tolerant and safe countries.

Comment

Working...
                      X