• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Climate Doom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by A true believer in there ain't no such thing as climate change. The experts are all lies. It's a conspiracy I tells you... View Post
    dribble.
    But thank you for exemplifying that someone who is otherwise sane and intelligent can believe a load of unscientific tosh, while believing that they're rational. (In case anyone calls me out about being a Christian, I don't believe humans are rational anyway. Nor that rational thinking will ever adequately explain existance. But it's a good way to make money.
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

How will we have BBQ's in the future? Not allowed gas, not allowed charcoal.
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post

Wood? Biogas?
    Are you mad? Wood is far worse than charcoal. It's all about energy density. That's why a lump of uranium is far more environmentally friendly over all. But the loony environmentalists aren't really about saving the planet. They're just harkening back to the days of simplicity and rural economies. And then they discuss it over there fsking iPhones.

So, in reply to LM, we BBQ loony environmentalists. (N.B. only the loonies. Some environmentalists understand science, technology, the need for progress, and aren't a bunch of nihilistic human haters).

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      Are you mad? Wood is far worse than charcoal.
      What was wrong with charcoal anyway?
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

(N.B. only the loonies. Some environmentalists understand science, technology, the need for progress, and aren't a bunch of nihilistic human haters)
        You do know you weren't suppose to have any children being a resource grabbing westerner?

Send from my iPhone 3001
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

How will we have BBQ's in the future? Not allowed gas, not allowed charcoal.
          BBQs??????? - LUXURY in my day I had to roast my sausage over one of these in my trusty rubber torch

No one expects the Python imposition!

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

But thank you for exemplifying that someone who is otherwise sane and intelligent can believe a load of unscientific tosh, while believing that they're rational. (In case anyone calls me out about being a Christian, I don't believe humans are rational anyway. Nor that rational thinking will ever adequately explain existance. But it's a good way to make money. Are you mad? Wood is far worse than charcoal.
            You're much better at throwing a temper tantrum than you are at trying to conduct a debate.

Last edited by BlasterBates; 9 August 2021, 19:23.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

You do know you weren't suppose to have any children being a resource grabbing westerner?
              You do know that's a load of nonsense? Should be be stopping those primitives having so many babies! Population growth via birth in the west is pretty much flat.

Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

You do know that's a load of nonsense? Should be be stopping those primitives having so many babies! Population growth via birth in the west is pretty much flat.
                The West can handle a low birth rate because it can import the help it needs from other countries. We're rebalancing population density

Comment

"I was really impressed by the accuracy of some of the report's predictions about fossil fuel consumption. Then I realized, oh, right, of course."
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Indeed, people never smoked or camped in the forest in the 50s.

Forest fires are NOT just about ignition sources, those happen all the time. They are about how liable a spark is to start a fire, and how liable the fire is to spread. I follow a channel which talks about wild-land fire-fighting, there's quite a lot of science behind this stuff. Fires are a normal, natural thing but how common and how large and how hard to contain they are varies according to many factors... moisture being a big one.
                    Lightning strikes are another. The more the atmosphere builds up energy, the more electricity from all those water molecules bouncing together.

Forest fires happen even when there aren't humans anywhere near them. All part of natures way of managing the planet really. As to whether they are more prevalent in certain area's wll not so long ago no-one would have been so bothered as there was no-one building homes in the middle of forests except witches that planned to cook children and eat them.
                    But again, more smoke, more ash, less sun gets through to warm the land. Less heat gets transferred to the atmosphere. Nature will sort it all out soon enough. Might take a few years but at the moment, no-one has any clue what deforresting hundreds of acres of land in rain forests and naturally green area's will cause. Maybe they should turn the windmills off and stop wafting the flames?

Comment

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...ws.theobserver

A secret report, suppressed by US defence chiefs and obtained by The Observer, warns that major European cities will be sunk beneath rising seas as Britain is plunged into a ‘Siberian’ climate by 2020. Nuclear conflict, mega-droughts, famine and widespread rioting will erupt across the world.
                      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X