• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractors struggling for health insurance medical history disregarded?please read

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contractors struggling for health insurance medical history disregarded?please read

wds
    Last edited by DJones1985; 23 July 2021, 10:42.

Originally posted by DJones1985 View Post

I am looking to set-up a LTD company and looking to see if I can find a minimum of 14 other contractors who will be interested. If so I will set-up the LTD company and then essentially set the policy up with AXA and get the money of each contractor and pay AXA.

Have you spoken to AXA about such a setup? Even if you somehow managed to get this set up, I can guarantee that such a sham company would result in claims being refused.

But i'll sign up if you promise to pay me minimum wage.
    Last edited by Paralytic; 20 July 2021, 18:52.

Comment

This is one of the options I've been considering - Google will help you find more, I can assure you:
      https://www.simplybusiness.co.uk/ins...lth-insurance/

It's a lot less than you've been quoted, and it makes sense to take out a policy designed for the self-employed, rather than one which obviously isn't.
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by DJones1985 View Post
        I have got a quote from them for a LTD company with 15 employees
        I am looking to set-up a LTD company and looking to see if I can find a minimum of 14 other contractors who will be interested. If so I will set-up the LTD company and then essentially set the policy up with AXA and get the money of each contractor and pay AXA.
        Surely you see the problem here don't you? And you do understand the responsibilities a company has that has employees? You understand insurance providers tolerance in scam set ups that by pass their risk policies or to defraud them?

One of the dumbest ideas I've seen on here for awhile.
        Last edited by northernladuk; 20 July 2021, 14:32.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Yep, I couldn’t see how it would get past the insurance assessors.
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

This isn't PSCONT again is it?
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              This isn't PSCONT again is it?
              Probably not. But thanks for the heads up. Please remember other idiots are available. An infinite supply it seems.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

If it's all the same, I think I'll pass on the offer to join in this attempt at insurance fraud, thanks.
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

If you are struggling with the market and quotes shop around rather than set up a Limited Company

No words.

https://www.contractoruk.com/insuran...cal_cover.html - contact Drewberry, they are a broker so can advise on multiple products

Or try WPA

Comment

Working...
                  X