• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gender neutral airlines

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gender neutral airlines

Lufthansa as well as the group's Swiss, Austrian, Brussels and Eurowings airlines will no longer use the terms "ladies and gentlemen" because it offends non-binary people. FFS! Perhaps Lufthansa will also stick hair under the aircraft wings.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Lufthansa as well as the group's Swiss, Austrian, Brussels and Eurowings airlines will no longer use the terms "ladies and gentlemen" because it offends non-binary people. FFS! Perhaps Lufthansa will also stick hair under the aircraft wings.
    As much as I hate all the noise about changing stuff to suit next to no one there are some points where it's just a non issue depending on the solution. There are other ways of politely addressing a group of people without using 'Ladies and Gentlemen'. I don't believe the answer is to include a non binary option as that is making a point to cover such a tiny number of people though. I just think there is a term for a collection of people that could be used instead and everyone is happy with no obvious wokeism.

I do think it's a shame though as I do like the term 'Ladies and Gents' and I do like being called sir when being dealt with. Something I'm sure will disappear in the not too distant future as well. Probably a personal thing I've been brought up with so guess there is no issues with it being phased out, just irks me I can't be dealt with in a way I'm used to and that I like but that's just modern times I guess.

Matey Peeps seems pretty inclusive so maybe they can use that.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

"Eh up everyone"
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        "Eh up everyone"
        I force myself to say "good morning everyone" but it feels so false.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

It's also very informal..

In fact screw it. Forget everything I've said. I'm ****ing outraged my right to be addressed politely and formally, not only as a customer, but also as I'd like to be addressed is being trumped by the rights of a tiny minority who wants their way or no way. Wokeism at it's worst.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Perhaps Lufthansa will also stick hair under the aircraft wings.

Originally posted by vetran View Post

I can just imagine a Julian Clary gig.
            Everyone, be upstanding for Her Majesty the Queen.
            Nah - not going to work.

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Most of their cabin crew that aren't actually blokes do actually look like blokes!
              Former IPSE member
              My Website

Comment

.. Perhaps Lufthansa will also stick hair under the aircraft wings.
                Sticking hair along the front of the wings would generate leading edge vortex and increase flight efficiency

(It wasn't long ago they discovered that is how bumble bees can fly, despite the theory saying it should be impossible!)

I'm guessing you were referring to wing pit hair though, which I don't think has any technical advantages
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

Sticking hair along the front of the wings would generate leading edge vortex and increase flight efficiency

(It wasn't long ago they discovered that is how bumble bees can fly, despite the theory saying it should be impossible!)

I'm guessing you were referring to wing pit hair though, which I don't think has any technical advantages
                  Its like most pubic hair, its intended to retain scent to improve the chances of mating so if you add pit hair to a 747 you will probably find two who love each other very much round the back of the hangar bumping uglies.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                  X