• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cars hate lockdown

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FFS, this isn't facebook.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
      FFS, this isn't facebook.
      You wanna show me your puppies?
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Was my daughters Mini and i had to remove half the engine to get at the battery
        Yeh, cars used to be easy to repair and service once, with more modern ones it's hard just to change the oil filter. Gave up car DIY years ago.

PS Cars used to have grease nipples, greasing those was fun!
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Getting to the battery on my 'zed is easy. It did go through a spate of dying from lack of use but the solar trickle charger I got seems to have sorted that out nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

Yeh, cars used to be easy to repair and service once, with more modern ones it's hard just to change the oil filter. Gave up car DIY years ago.

PS Cars used to have grease nipples, greasing those was fun!
            I found a couple of grease guns in the shed the other day, I assume there's some long forgotten reason for having two, probably different types of grease.

The last grease nipple I recall was on a propshaft I had made for a Dutton Phaeces kit car.

The grease nipple prior to that was on the powersteering ram on a Ford Zodiac Mk IV.

Which, at a guess, explains the two greaseguns.

There's also the giant economy size tin of Castrol LM that will probably last until doomsday at its present rate of use.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Well my car's alternator decided to commit seppuku yesterday on the way back from the UNI run. Plenty of waiting around then hours on the back of the truck from up north!

Will be happy to renew the AA next year.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
              X