• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Blatant covid passport gold-plating

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EU travellers will be able to go on holiday to their favourite destination whereas Brits will sit at home and sulk about the EU on the internet,
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

It's a good app. Found out the results of my recent smear test while still waiting for the letter to come through.
      OOOOOOh.....
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

Yeah, it is surprisingly good. Can book appointments, do repeat prescrips etc. Shows a history of appointments.
        Wait, you can book appointments? What is this magic you speak of? That's unheard of at our local GP.
        England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post

Wait, you can book appointments? What is this magic you speak of? That's unheard of at our local GP.
          Whorty belongs to a GP practice that has appointments available.

It is really nice to belong to one. You can look at the online appointments and think I rather one that one than that one...

A decade ago when I was at a different GP I had to go and line up at 7.30am to get an appointment.......

Comment

I could call reception in the morning and have an appointment the same day. Not tried booking on the app yet, but to be honest, our reception is so efficient I'll still call them. I've even had the GP call me in the past to see how I am - he also came around last year to give me my flu jab - I think he suspected I may 'forget' otherwise and he knew that it was important to keep me working so I could care for Mrs W.

In many ways we are lucky with our GP surgery, but it does beg the question why other surgeries can't be as efficient and effective.
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Whorty belongs to a GP practice that has appointments available.

It is really nice to belong to one. You can look at the online appointments and think I rather one that one than that one...

A decade ago when I was at a different GP I had to go and line up at 7.30am to get an appointment.......
              I know ... as per my response to Albert, you can call reception in the morning at 8am and guarantee a telephone consultation the same day with the GP. The GPs have worked out that a lot of the appointments can be resolved over the phone. If they decide the patient needs a surgery visit I've never waited more than the next day (most times I get a slot that same day).
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

I can't use the app to book an appointment with my GP at the moment. They have suspended their online bookings at present but it's still possible to get an appointment if one is needed.

Comment

Yes it does look like a push towards ID cards by the back door.

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

Thank God we're out of the EU.
                  Exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

I can't use the app to book an appointment with my GP at the moment. They have suspended their online bookings at present but it's still possible to get an appointment if one is needed.
                    I haven't tried the app but have used the interweb to book most of my appointments. The telephone appointments are very efficient.

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post

Yes it does look like a push towards ID cards by the back door.
                      Most other European countries, regardless of their EU status, have ID cards anyway or each member of the population has an ID number so they can access their country's services. So for them this is no biggie.

Comment

Working...
                      X