• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What travel list is Portugal on?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personally, I've no sympathy for those that booked flights to Portugal recently and are now complaining. There was always the obvious risk that countries could move from the Green list and anyone who trusted this government to give any sort of notice only has themselves to blame.

And doing it with no insurance cover in place would be just downright silly.
    Last edited by Paralytic; 4 June 2021, 14:26.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
      Personally, I've no sympathy for those that booked flights to Portugal recently and are now complaining. There was always the obvious risk that countries could move from the Green list and anyone who trusted this government to give any sort of notice only has themselves to blame.
      Yeah right. Going to a green list island in the middle of the Atlantic did not seem like a particularly bad move when we booked it a while back. Having it cancelled for what are genuinely mystifying reasons (Portugal mainland is no worse than UK, Madeira is actually better) is irritating enough, not to mention expensive. Perhaps we should try the Falklands.

But thanks for your constructive opinion.
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Mauve.

There's loads of NHS staff in Portugal right now, some are genuinely having their first holiday since March 2020, I feel for them :/

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
          Yeah right. Going to a green list island in the middle of one in a hundred years deadly pandemic did not seem like a particularly bad move when we booked it a while back.
          FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
            Cheap holidays probably?

Turn out to be pretty expensive

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

FTFY
              Like I said somewhere else, we understand the risks involved both when we booked and what they are now. The money is an irritation, the stress and disruption caused by a last-minute change is the seriously annoying part. SWMBO has barely left the house for 18 months or more, this is not just a jolly on the beach (not that Madeira has beaches anyway), more of a mental reset.

Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                Like I said somewhere else, we understand the risks involved both when we booked and what they are now. The money is an irritation, the stress and disruption caused by a last-minute change is the seriously annoying part. SWMBO has barely left the house for 18 months or more, this is not just a jolly on the beach (not that Madeira has beaches anyway), more of a mental reset.
                It’s last minute change because cretin Boris likes to be liked so he did not stop foreign holidays altogether for all - as any responsible leader would.

Visit Wales - I hear some lovely places there with psychocandy doing guided tours (cash only)

Comment

Visit Wales - I hear some lovely places there with psychocandy doing guided tours (cash only)
                  Yeah but it's where his cash has been that I'm worried about. I don't think there's been a hazmat suit designed to cope with it.

Comment

It’s last minute change )
                    Huh? Everyone's complaining it's silly to announce a week in advance and you're saying they should give more warning?
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                      Huh? Everyone's complaining it's silly to announce a week in advance and you're saying they should give more warning?
                      No, I said it clearly above - Govt should not have allowed foreign holidays to go ahead in the first place, and close borders to anybody who won’t obey strict quarantine

Comment

Working...
                      X