• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What travel list is Portugal on?"

Collapse

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Greeting from Lisboa! It's bloody lovely here in Portugal.
    It's raining here

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Greeting from Lisboa!

It's bloody lovely here in Portugal.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by mallisarealperson View Post

Why not just test everyone entering the country??
    In addition to being vaccinated, you still have to present a negative test result on boarding / entry.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by mallisarealperson View Post
    Because person could have been infected at the airport from somebody who works there and testing upon arrival won't pick it up.

Leave a comment:

• mallisarealperson
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    You might be in luck...

"Portugal makes unvaccinated UK people quarantine

People from the UK travelling to Portugal will have to quarantine for 14 days unless they can present proof they had been fully vaccinated a fortnight before their arrival.

The Portuguese government added the UK to the list of countries from which travellers must quarantine "at home or a place indicated by the health authorities".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-57634932

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    You might be in luck...

"Portugal makes unvaccinated UK people quarantine

People from the UK travelling to Portugal will have to quarantine for 14 days unless they can present proof they had been fully vaccinated a fortnight before their arrival.

The Portuguese government added the UK to the list of countries from which travellers must quarantine "at home or a place indicated by the health authorities".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-57634932

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    I'm still clinging onto my holiday!

Hotels have reduced the cancellation notice period.

Merkel is still trying to get all Brits banned from Europe but Portugal have announced you don't need to quarantine if you're fully jabbed, which HWMBO and I are.

Now hoping that the EU27 do their usual and fail to agree to Merkel's plan.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post

Give it a week or so...
    I don't have a week. The PT PM needs to make his mind up by Saturday to stop me having a

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Still amber but now the Portuguese PM is getting on the Merkel "ban the British" bandwagon

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...tine-exemption

In other news, Madeira is back to green...
    Give it a week or so...

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Sometimes you wish you never start a thread...
    But I'm glad you did

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Still amber but now the Portuguese PM is getting on the Merkel "ban the British" bandwagon

Sometimes you wish you never start a thread...

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post

FTFY
    Ah. Yes, I suppose there is that

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    I can't understand why so many people are desperate to holiday abroad. There are plenty of nice places in the UK, and they are all booked till 2023
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    I can't understand why so many people are desperate to holiday abroad. There are plenty of nice places in the UK, and they speak English!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X