• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If you're coming down to Cornwall this summer...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you're coming down to Cornwall this summer...

...be prepared for hell.

Pretty much anything, which is even vaguely habitable, is booked solid until the end of October.

If you haven't booked already, forget it. Although I did hear about a static caravan that still has some availability. Just £6000 for a week. I kid you not.

Expect massive price gouging, pubs and restaurants rammed, and queues for everything.

And as for the A30 on Fridays and Saturdays. Think car park.

Have a great holiday!

Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Have to book a holiday in Slough or Birmingham or some other ghastly place.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      I would rather stay at home

Comment

There's no hotel or restaurant staff, they've gone home. Take your own beans with you.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

My garden shed is for hire. Only £250 per night.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I've never been to Cornwall. Only been to Devon once for a weekend and spent most of it lying in a dark room with a migraine.

I'm off to Portugal in July and will see what options present themselves for August. I need to get my 1125 points by the end of the year.

Comment

Nah slough is infested with Bus Lanes its grid lock every day.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Already been and it was lovely and quiet. Feel free to fleece those emmets who usually go abroad
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
                  Expect massive price gouging, pubs and restaurants rammed, and queues for everything.
                  Wrong - expect mass cancellations (without refunds?) due to new lockdown in Aug-Sep timeframe.

Comment

My garden shed is for hire. Only £250 per night.
                    All inclusive?

Comment

Working...
                    X