• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Price of a pint in post covid world.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

£2.50 for a 99 flake cornet in B&Q car park today. Used to be £1.50->£2.

Everyone has watched MF's new YouTube video "The Art of the STEAL"
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      £2.50 for a 99 flake cornet in B&Q car park today. Used to be £1.50->£2.

Everyone has watched MF's new YouTube video "The Art of the STEAL"
      And I bet if you counted them there'd only be 98 flakes! Penny-pinching bastards
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

And I bet if you counted them there'd only be 98 flakes! Penny-pinching bastards
        The Cadbury website says that the reason behind the Flake being called a "99" has been "lost in the mists of time". However, the website also references an article from an old Cadbury works paper, which states that the name came from the guard of the Italian king, which consisted of 99 men and thus "anything really special or first class was known as 99."

Comment

Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post

The Cadbury website says that the reason behind the Flake being called a "99" has been "lost in the mists of time". However, the website also references an article from an old Cadbury works paper, which states that the name came from the guard of the Italian king, which consisted of 99 men and thus "anything really special or first class was known as 99."
          Was it not because it used to cost 99p

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeysUncle View Post

Was it not because it used to cost 99p
            no
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post

not actually. the answer is usually:
              - contract only for smaller businesses / start-ups or anything that seems a bit shoddy.
              - min 65k for a decent comfy perm role if wfh and decent team/tech stack.

I am getting attention, going through the interviews, but they seem to be falling short of the offer. I assume plenty of people on the market and clients expect more.
              There is only an amount of time you could spend on the bench before going insane and I have a fair share...
              If you're getting to interview stage but keep failing to get the job then it's probably not your technical skillset letting you down. Your technical skills gets your foot in the door, your personality/soft skills gets you the job. If possible, ask someone you trust to do a 'mock' interview with you and get some constructive feedback.
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Spoons at canary wharf has pints under a river and better class of unwashed

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
                  fiver even

Comment

fiver even
                    too many pints under the river?
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

If you're getting to interview stage but keep failing to get the job then it's probably not your technical skillset letting you down. Your technical skills gets your foot in the door, your personality/soft skills gets you the job. If possible, ask someone you trust to do a 'mock' interview with you and get some constructive feedback.
                      Yup, that sounds about right. Usually I am quite laid back, get along with everyone but this whole situation is starting to get to me. And I think I am getting some of that across to them as well.

Also I can't seem to be able to get excited to all the dinky companies and how fun and nice is to work for them. Should brush a bit more on that personality thing... Not usually good at sucking up to people.

I'll give it a try. Is it your regular?

Comment

Working...
                      X