• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Price of a pint in post covid world.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

I'm genuinely interested which part of my statement you may not agree with. I'm in a role and my last 3 roles have been with companies I already know so no interview, so interested in how CV19 has changed how roles are won/lost.

Having started my career back in 1992, and seeing this kind of market multiple times over the years, I can't see that it would be any different now to what it's always been - your CV (i.e. technical skills and experience) get you in the door, your interview skills/soft skills/personality gets you the job.
    I think Gigibronze has already replied with roughly what I was thinking. Increased competition and crazy technical tests have become much more common.

Comment

Originally posted by hairymouse View Post
      I think Gigibronze has already replied with roughly what I was thinking. Increased competition and crazy technical tests have become much more common.
      Thanks. I guess that's where our line of work differs as I don't get technical tests for my roles - I may get asked to do a presentation but that's not the same. So for me, my skills/experience gets me in the door, then my personality/soft skills gets me the job (or not).

Gigi - I guess the only other advice I can give you is take something, even if (relative) low paying. It's easier to get a better job if you're in one already than if you're on the bench. As a hiring manager I'm always more questioning of why someone has been on the bench - in the, if no one else wants to hire this person, then why should I?
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by hairymouse View Post
        Definitely not a handout, simply the place I work has a permie job going that would match your skills and I could help you get it. Sadly, the salary is certainly not good.
        Well that was certainly a gracious acceptance of your kind offer putting yourself at risk for another. Gigi I suspect I now know why your people skills are letting you down.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

My local cricket club is doing £2 a pint as they re-open from next week.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
          X