• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Yr Wyddfa

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by malvolio View Post

The Welsh are all very welcoming people, even to the Sais. Like everywhere else, its idiots they struggle with.
    What is idiotic about asking why we subsidise people that actively dislike us, its not like it has improved anything?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

The Welsh are all very welcoming people, even to the Sais. Like everywhere else, its idiots they struggle with.
      it’s

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

What is idiotic about asking why we subsidise people that actively dislike us, its not like it has improved anything?
        (a) You don't, Wales is not a separate country, merely a locally devolved administration. Economically it's been part of England since the 1600s.

(b) We don't dislike the Sais, but we don't respect those that can't treat our nationality, language and history with respect. All three are, after all, rather older than yours.

(c) Most of the problems in Wales today are down to that locally devolved administration, who couldn't manage a car boot sale.

(d) And if you look back the margin for devolution was tiny - about the size of half of Carmarthen (the town, not the county). There is no rabid nationalist movement beyond the usual suspects.

So I repeat...
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

I would take a guess that's a swear word
          ffyc y saesneg

Feck the Sasenachs?

Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
            ffyc y saesneg
            Based on the poster I reckons it means - "TestMangler likes wearing women's underwear"
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

I would take a guess that's a swear word
              According to one source it means "F*** the Chinese", but whatever floats your boat.

"Saesneg" is "English", the language, not the people and by extension people who speak English. "Sais" is more accurate, but that means anyone who isn't Welsh, so don't take it personally. Oddly enough, Sais excludes North Western England, who share many links with what is now Wales.
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

According to one source it means "F*** the Chinese", but whatever floats your boat.

"Saesneg" is "English", the language, not the people and by extension people who speak English. "Sais" is more accurate, but that means anyone who isn't Welsh, so don't take it personally. Oddly enough, Sais excludes North Western England, who share many links with what is now Wales.
                You must be fun at parties…

Comment

What, no jokes about sheep yet?
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    What, no jokes about sheep yet?
                    Only thing worse than an idiot is a predictable one...
                    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Welsh is a very unique language. Most European languages have quite a bit in common, go to Croatia and you can guess what some signs mean, but Welsh is totally incomprehensible.
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X