• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Anti Trump talks sense.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Anti Trump talks sense.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...aff-again.html

'Who needs a gun that fires 100 rounds?': Biden says it's a 'national embarrassment' the Senate won't act on gun legislation following the country's latest mass shooting
    • Biden vowed 'I'm not going to give up till is done,' he vowed
    • He defended his efforts on gun control following Indiana mass shooting
    • Called on the Senate to act on House-passed background checks
    • Noted his past efforts to get assault weapons ban enacted; it has since expired
    • The White House issued a statement from the president in response to the latest mass shooting event in Indianapolis
    • 'Gun violence is an epidemic. But we should not accept it. We must act'
    • He called for 'common sense' legislation including universal background checks and banning 'weapons of war' from the public
    • The rampage started at the FedEx operations center in Indianapolis just after 11pm on Thursday
    • The gunman immediately opened fire with a rifle after getting out of his car
    • He kept shooting as he made his way into the facility before killing himself
    • Four people were killed outside the building and another four inside
    • Several people were also wounded, including five taken to the hospital
    finally!
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Nothing changed after Sandy Hook. And that was a primary school....
    So I'm not sure anything will change now.
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
      Nothing changed after Sandy Hook. And that was a primary school....
      So I'm not sure anything will change now.
      Gun rights are enshrined in the Constitution, so the only thing you can be very sure of is that nothing will change any time soon (probably ever, in fact).
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Let the militias have their muskets - one can never be sure Red Coats won’t attack again

Comment

I'm happier with the kind of legislation that we have in the UK regarding guns.

However, you have to be realistic about the situation in the US - the genie is already out of the bottle and you are not going to be able to put it back in unless there is mass approval and that doesn't exist. Any attempt to remove guns from citizens now will disarm the law-abiding and leave criminals armed.

Need to move hearts and minds first.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
            Gun rights are enshrined in the Constitution
            They are.
            "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
            However, laws could theoretically be put in place limiting that to a registered handgun and a hunting rifle for example, with guns and ammunition to be stored separately in secure places and only after having been trained in the use of such weapons with mandatory refresher training twice a year, without infringing that right. Automatic weapons and suchlike could still be accessible but only in the context of properly regulated gun clubs.

Such a law will never happen though, because Americans, by and large, are bat-poo crazy.

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
            However, you have to be realistic about the situation in the US - the genie is already out of the bottle and you are not going to be able to put it back in unless there is mass approval and that doesn't exist. Any attempt to remove guns from citizens now will disarm the law-abiding and leave criminals armed.

First step - get 'em by the short and curlies.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I wonder if they pried the gun from Charton Heston's cold dead hand before they buried him.

Just askin' like.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Don't disagree with that, real criminals will always find ways to get guns. On the other hand, at least stricter controls might stop the number of shootings by deranged loonies.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

An American colleague of mine buys a box knife as soon as he can when he arrives in Europe. He feels he's got to have a way to protect himself. Otherwise, he seems to be quite normal, rational and intelligent.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

Don't disagree with that, real criminals will always find ways to get guns. On the other hand, at least stricter controls might stop the number of shootings by deranged loonies.
                    Our cops spend less time shooting 13 year olds armed with guns because there are fewer UK 13 year olds armed with guns!
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X