• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Excellent all the more for us and the rest of the world!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Excellent all the more for us and the rest of the world!

    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nica-jabs.html

    EU 'unlikely to buy any more AstraZeneca jabs' after blood clot fears while Merkel tries to push through curfews in Germany despite admitting they are 'not a bullet proof solution'
    • Agnes Pannier-Runacher, the French industry minister, said it is 'highly probable' that the EU won't order any more AstraZeneca or Johnson & Johnson vaccines
    • Comes after blood clots were listed as very rare side effects of both the jabs
    • Europe is scheduled to receive 500million doses of Astra and J&J vaccines this year, but it is thought contract will not be renewed after that
    • Meanwhile Angela Merkel is trying to press German MPs into passing tough new lockdown laws after slow jab roll-out left people vulnerable to infection

    .....



    The European Union is unlikely to order any more AstraZeneca vaccines despite the continent's slow jab roll-out after data showed it very rarely causes blood clots.

    While no decision has been confirmed, French industry minister Agnes Pannier-Runacher said today that 'it is highly probable' no further doses will be ordered.

    That is despite both the European Medicines Agency and World Health Organization saying the benefits of the vaccine far outweigh the risks.
    Goodness where are the Anti Vax decriers now the EU are the ones being stupid?

    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

    I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

    #2
    Unfortunately the rumours about blood clots are spreading around the rest of the world - https://www.theguardian.com/global-d...cine-hesitancy


    More than 16,000 expired AstraZeneca Covid-19 doses are to be destroyed in Malawi as concerns over vaccine hesitancy increase.

    The vaccines are among 102,000 doses donated by the African Union (AU) to the Malawian government last month.


    In other news - Oh F%^& - https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...india-found-uk
    A coronavirus variant with potentially worrying mutations that was first detected in India has been found in the UK.

    In total, 77 cases of the variant, known as B.1.617, have been recorded in the UK up to 14 April, according to the latest update from Public Health England (PHE), released on Thursday. Of these, 73 were recorded in England and four in Scotland.

    It was the first time PHE had reported the variant in the UK.

    It currently has the label “variant under investigation”. If worries about it are borne out, for example if it appears to be more infectious or more resistant to the body’s immune response, then it may be designated a “variant of concern”.

    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by vetran View Post
      https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nica-jabs.html



      Goodness where are the Anti Vax decriers now the EU are the ones being stupid?
      Here.
      Yes they are being rather stupid.

      Pretty awful timing really. Just after Brexit. Makes the case for returning harder to sell.
      Of course we could have still been in the EU, and still done our own thing with the vaccine.
      The most bizarre is that the UK have got it so right, DESPITE that clueless set of morons called a government.
      But a stopped clock is right twice a day.

      Biggest problem now is the risk that the variants of the virus evolve quicker than the vaccines can be updated.
      See You Next Tuesday

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Unfortunately the rumours about blood clots are spreading around the rest of the world - https://www.theguardian.com/global-d...cine-hesitancy


        More than 16,000 expired AstraZeneca Covid-19 doses are to be destroyed in Malawi as concerns over vaccine hesitancy increase.

        The vaccines are among 102,000 doses donated by the African Union (AU) to the Malawian government last month.


        In other news - Oh F%^& - https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...india-found-uk
        A coronavirus variant with potentially worrying mutations that was first detected in India has been found in the UK.

        In total, 77 cases of the variant, known as B.1.617, have been recorded in the UK up to 14 April, according to the latest update from Public Health England (PHE), released on Thursday. Of these, 73 were recorded in England and four in Scotland.

        It was the first time PHE had reported the variant in the UK.

        It currently has the label “variant under investigation”. If worries about it are borne out, for example if it appears to be more infectious or more resistant to the body’s immune response, then it may be designated a “variant of concern”.
        Precisely thanks to that MORON Macron and others playing politics there are doubts about the vaccine (pretty much every medicine has risks.) the virus is spreading and mutating.

        1% vaccination in Africa its going to make the famines look mild especially if it spreads to younger victims as it seems to be.


        "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

        I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by vetran View Post

          Precisely thanks to that MORON Macron and others playing politics there are doubts about the vaccine (pretty much every medicine has risks.) the virus is spreading and mutating.

          1% vaccination in Africa its going to make the famines look mild especially if it spreads to younger victims as it seems to be.

          I reckon if they can have Covishield, the Indian branded version, they may accept it.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

            I reckon if they can have Covishield, the Indian branded version, they may accept it.
            lets hope, the world is manufacturing vaccine as fast as it can, we need to get it to everyone (who can use it) for it to work.
            "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

            I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by vetran View Post
              https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nica-jabs.html



              Goodness where are the Anti Vax decriers now the EU are the ones being stupid?
              You're seeing 2+2 and coming to 5.

              From my reading of your post, the EU are not stopping vaccines, just the 2 you mention (and to be fair to the EU, they haven't said they are definitely not using AZ, but unlikely).

              The EU aren't being stupid, they are making a risk based assessment and choosing other vaccines over AZ and J&J. Many other nations around the globe will follow suit. The UK can't follow suit with AZ unless it is very risky because the Tories have put all their eggs in the AZ basket.

              But yes, if it makes you feel good then the EU are stupid and also anti-vaxers
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Whorty View Post

                You're seeing 2+2 and coming to 5.

                From my reading of your post, the EU are not stopping vaccines, just the 2 you mention (and to be fair to the EU, they haven't said they are definitely not using AZ, but unlikely).

                The EU aren't being stupid, they are making a risk based assessment and choosing other vaccines over AZ and J&J. Many other nations around the globe will follow suit. The UK can't follow suit with AZ unless it is very risky because the Tories have put all their eggs in the AZ basket.

                But yes, if it makes you feel good then the EU are stupid and also anti-vaxers
                Ah one of them has arrived and is true to type. You are posting unsubstantiated bollocks as usual.

                The EU are being stupid as the WHO and European Medicine agencies have both said the blood clot risk is minimal, significantly lower than the pill.

                For some reason after deciding they wouldn't export any AZ vaccines because they needed so much to keep up their vaccine roll outs which are a third as successful as ours they then suggested it was risky and none of their people want it.

                The UK actually bought most of the baskets before the eggs were even laid but they managed to avoid the Sanofi one the only one the EU had bet their shirt on.

                The AZ is being manufactured all over but it appears we can't have any more from the factories in the EU. The Pfizer one again the EU don't want to share any. That I can understand it does seem the EU were and continue to be out manoeuvred by the UK. But trashing the vaccine is the part that I can't support.





                "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

                I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by vetran View Post

                  Ah one of them has arrived and is true to type. You are posting unsubstantiated bollocks as usual.

                  The EU are being stupid as the WHO and European Medicine agencies have both said the blood clot risk is minimal, significantly lower than the pill.

                  For some reason after deciding they wouldn't export any AZ vaccines because they needed so much to keep up their vaccine roll outs which are a third as successful as ours they then suggested it was risky and none of their people want it.

                  The UK actually bought most of the baskets before the eggs were even laid but they managed to avoid the Sanofi one the only one the EU had bet their shirt on.

                  The AZ is being manufactured all over but it appears we can't have any more from the factories in the EU. The Pfizer one again the EU don't want to share any. That I can understand it does seem the EU were and continue to be out manoeuvred by the UK. But trashing the vaccine is the part that I can't support.
                  You might want to wipe the spittle from your mouth mate, you got a little excited there for a moment.

                  As I said, the EU are making a risk based decision. People, companies, countries do this all the time. What seems a low/insignificant risk to one entity, may be considered larger for another. I had the AZ vaccine, I took that risk. I therefore think based on current evidence that the EU is being overly risk averse, but they are allowed to - it's their choice. And their people don't want the AZ vaccine anyway so it's not such a big issue to the EU powers to make that call (if they do, which is not set in stone yet).

                  The rest of what you write is jingiostic dribble so doesn't warrant a proper response.
                  I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Lance View Post

                    Here.
                    Yes they are being rather stupid.

                    Pretty awful timing really. Just after Brexit. Makes the case for returning harder to sell.
                    Of course we could have still been in the EU, and still done our own thing with the vaccine.
                    The most bizarre is that the UK have got it so right, DESPITE that clueless set of morons called a government.
                    But a stopped clock is right twice a day.

                    Biggest problem now is the risk that the variants of the virus evolve quicker than the vaccines can be updated.
                    That's because they brought in Nadhim Zahawi - no mention of him in Johnson's and Hancock's briefings, he's the only competent minister amongst them and he'll be booted out as soon as he's done his job.
                    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X