• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Excellent all the more for us and the rest of the world!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The mechanism for clots associated with the contraceptive pill vs those associated with the AZ vaccine are thought to be different although I don't think there's quite enough research yet. From what I've read, as someone who cannot take certain types of contraceptive pill because of the blood clotting risk, I believe there is no increased risk from having the AZ vaccine if you are at clotting risk from the pill. I think it is unhelpful to conflate the two as they are different.

I'll see what I get given tomorrow morning and you can take bets if you wish.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      Excellent all the more for us and the rest of the world!
      Switzerland's residents thank you. Also for the extensive real world testing. The EU are being stupid, but so what's new? Still third place in the world stakes. (US being first electing Trump).

I've no date for a test yet (but I got notification I'm in the queue), however, the government is giving five self-test covid kits per resident per month. My daughter has had to go to her college for lab work, and they got agreement from the authorities by testing each student twice a week. It's interesting to see that the testing massively reduce the number of expected infections, and there were no outbreaks.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

19 UK deaths from 20 million doses.

It's a failure of the EU nations that they can't convince themselves and their populations that this is a better set of odds than struggling on with low supply as the third wave strikes.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
          19 UK deaths from 20 million doses.

It's a failure of the EU nations that they can't convince themselves and their populations that this is a better set of odds than struggling on with low supply as the third wave strikes.

They are choosing a different supplier who presumably gives them more confidence that they can deliver on their contract. And it's only from next year, this year they are still rolling out AZ and J&J. This is a non story to get the frothy mouth excited. Seems it's working
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

They are choosing a different supplier who presumably gives them more confidence that they can deliver on their contract. And it's only from next year, this year they are still rolling out AZ and J&J. This is a non story to get the frothy mouth excited. Seems it's working
            But having raised doubts over these vaccines, many people might decline them.
            Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post

Maybe you can get him to understand!
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post

Many might decline. Many may not. They have still procured 500 million doses though, so they are not, as the idiot Vetran is trying to say, refusing to roll out AZ or J&J (which has now been pulled by the US).

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

Many might decline. Many may not. They have still procured 500 million doses though, so they are not, as the idiot Vetran is trying to say, refusing to roll out AZ or J&J (which has now been pulled by the US).
                  Insulting me doesn't make you any more attractive to me, off to the docks with you as you keep dreaming about that.

Misquoting me just makes you look like even more of a BS merchant and irrational Europhile.

I said their senior politicians had suggested there were serious issues with AZ that has reduced their uptake in the EU. It has also spread irrational fear around the world. Though why anyone would pay any attention to President Micron Brain or Frau Murky is a mystery.

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices...-b1818565.html

Macron originally caused outrage in late January when he wrongly suggested that the Oxford vaccine was ineffective for those aged over 65, and that even those over 60 should “not be encouraged” by results. He then backtracked, saying he would go to court to get more supplies of AstraZeneca.

After authorising usage, Macron then performed yet another spectacular U-turn, almost certainly because German chancellor Angela Merkel – his chief EU ally – had suspended the use of AstraZeneca.

The scientific evidence for the suspension was negligible – leading French doctors united with health authority chiefs to say the temporary ban was entirely political, and even when lifted it would cause “catastrophic” damage to the vaccination programme. In the words of MP Nicolas Dupont-Aignan: “The executive sails blindly, no longer thinking for itself and only knows how to follow in Germany’s footsteps”.
                  Many of their people no longer want AZ. They may think they will roll it out but as a direct result of their behaviour their citizens won't want it.

The EU banned export of AZ manufactured in the EU to the wider world including Australia.

The EU are behind the US, Israel and the UK in their vaccination program, no EU country is close to our percentage.

The EU have made deals for AZ and others but even Ursula has publicly admitted they made serious mistakes.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-56009251

"We were late to authorise. We were too optimistic when it came to massive production," the Commission president told the European Parliament, "and perhaps too confident that what we ordered would actually be delivered on time." She also noted that questions would have to be answered about what went wrong.

However, Mrs von der Leyen maintained that a joint EU response had been the correct decision in dealing with the pandemic: "I can't even imagine if a few big players had rushed to it and the others went empty-handed.

"In economic terms it would have been nonsense and it would have been I think the end of our community."
                  She also defended the time taken to approve vaccines, which she described as "an essential investment to establish confidence and security".

The Commission president said she "deeply" regretted a threat made by the EU last month to restrict the flow of vaccines passing between the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland.

"But in the end we got it right and I can reassure you that my Commission will do its utmost to protect the peace in Northern Ireland."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-52380823

The European Union (EU) has been criticised for the pace of its vaccination programme - 18% of its population has received the jab, compared with 55% in the UK.
                  However, the EU was slower than the UK to negotiate a contract with AstraZeneca, leading to supply problems.

It also signed deals with Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna, which saw early problems with production and distribution.

In February, European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen acknowledged the EU's vaccine failures, saying: "We were late to authorise. We were too optimistic when it came to massive production and perhaps too confident that what we ordered would actually be delivered on time."

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Insulting me doesn't make you any more attractive to me, off to the docks with you as you keep dreaming about that.

Misquoting me just makes you look like even more of a BS merchant and irrational Europhile.

I said their senior politicians had suggested there were serious issues with AZ that has reduced their uptake in the EU. It has also spread irrational fear around the world. Though why anyone would pay any attention to President Micron Brain or Frau Murky is a mystery.

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices...-b1818565.html

Many of their people no longer want AZ. They may think they will roll it out but as a direct result of their behaviour their citizens won't want it.

The EU banned export of AZ manufactured in the EU to the wider world including Australia.

The EU are behind the US, Israel and the UK in their vaccination program, no EU country is close to our percentage.

The EU have made deals for AZ and others but even Ursula has publicly admitted they made serious mistakes.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-56009251

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-52380823

That is one fine rant there my friend.
                    Seems someone has spent a little too long out in the sun this afternoon, supping cheap lager

Comment

Originally posted by Warty View Post

I am going to insult you as I have lost the agument as usual.

I won't bother with facts as they confuse me.

I have as usual spent little too long out in the sun this afternoon, supping cheap lager
                      FTFY

Comment

Working...
                      X