• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

“The push for a divisive referendum is simply irresponsible,” the UK government said

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post

I had the Queen's English in my school, what did you have - Inglisch for the 3rd world speakers?
    Don't be silly.

We don't get taught English as it's presumed to be our mother tongue.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Don't be silly.

We don't get taught English as it's presumed to be our mother tongue.
      Lucky sods!

My worst lessons were Local Language and Local Literature!

Comment

As I said 5 years ago Sturgeon doesn't want another referendum, the smarter ones like Salmond have noticed that and that is why he is back to force her into something she's not convinced she will win.

So the act moves on, each year coming up with another 'strategy' and set of sound bites to keep the gurning disciples happy and paying money into the party. Her husband gets a 6 figure salary from it.

The day after brexit she has this big outside press conference, rambles on about a referendum being 'on the table'.

5 years later she has done absolutely nothing other than 5 years of "you can't stop us having a referendum next year" tulipe. Only daft folk like testmangler are still falling for it.

Comment

Not totally true she has found the magic money tree.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nding-NHS.html

Nicola Sturgeon pledges to allow Scots a FOUR DAY week, free dentists, billions more for the NHS, an independence referendum within five years and NO income tax rises as she unveils SNP election manifesto - but doesn't say how she will pay for it all
          • First minister vowed to make going to the dentist free and tens of billion for frontline NHS and social care
          • Also confirmed plans for a new independence referendum within five years if she wins May's Holyrood vote
          • Outlined plan for 'minimum income guarantee' to become 'Citizens’ Basic Income' in independent Scotland
          • But while pledging to open the cash taps she also vowed to freeze income tax rates and bands for five years
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

To me there is one over whelming reason not to vote for independence - if trying to negotiate out of 40 odd years of the EU was bad enough - try to negotiate the break up the union. I sometimes thing the SNP think the UK government would just roll over and bankroll what ever they want and make it easy for them

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              Not totally true she has found the magic money tree.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nding-NHS.html
              Why does that make me think of Corbyn's fantasy all things to all men for free economic manifesto?

I always thought the Scots were a proud and intelligent race. These days, not so much it seems...
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post

Why does that make me think of Corbyn's fantasy all things to all men for free economic manifesto?

I always thought the Scots were a proud and intelligent race. These days, not so much it seems...
                They refused to vote for independence they can be that stupid.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

The Sturgeon commitment to spend 10% extra on the NHS over the next 5 years is actually Theresa May's money tree.

NHS funding: Theresa May unveils £20bn boost - BBC News

Goes up roughly 3% a year above inflation for the next few years. Scotland gets its funding increased accordingly.

Tells you a lot about Sturgeon that she pops up 3 years and tries to get elected from a May policy.

Comment

Working...
                  X