• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Official IR35 Prediction Thread - IR35 Reform Day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy IR35 day

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
      I think the delay was a mistake in terms of "compliance" - I'm in contract (outside, with a bank) and while I'm not paying HUGE attention to the market I'm still getting outside roles sent over.

Contrast that to last year, when I was looking for work in Feb/Mar and it seemed that the sky had collapsed!

So, Option 2 I think. There's definitely going to be some damage, don't get me wrong, but I think clients are now positioned to be a lot more sensible about their decisions and are coming round to how to ensure their contractors are outside.

Also, if WFH continues, that'll really take the sting out of Inside roles. Personally, for me, if I don't need to travel then even an inside role on an average rate is a far better prospect than permiedom
      agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by saptastic View Post
        5. IPSE will get IR35 scrapped
        Is this why 3 pigs are trying to use my driveway as a runway?

Former IPSE member
        My Website

Comment

Once HMRC starts to see that their tax take post IR35 private sector rollout has not actually increased I am concerned that they will go into a red rage and start taxing everything that moves.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
            Once HMRC starts to see that their tax take post IR35 private sector rollout has not actually increased I am concerned that they will go into a red rage and start taxing everything that moves.
            they're not going to know the true impact on tax gains until at least Summer 2022. Not that that will stop them calling it a success.
            See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post

they're not going to know the true impact on tax gains until at least Summer 2022. Not that that will stop them calling it a success.
              They're probably never going to know the true impact, as there are too many moving parts. IIRC, the OBR rated the estimates "very uncertain" and the pandemic essentially destroys any baseline. Nevertheless, as you say, it will be declared an overwhelming success and no one will GAF either way.

Comment

HMRC will start taxing everything that moves.
                FTFY

Comment

agreed, and dividends for close companies will be taxed at 20%, with the current allowance removed.

Comment

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post

agreed, and dividends for close companies will be taxed at 20%, with the current allowance removed.
                    Oh dear. Who let you back in?
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
                      I think the delay was a mistake in terms of "compliance" - I'm in contract (outside, with a bank) and while I'm not paying HUGE attention to the market I'm still getting outside roles sent over.

Contrast that to last year, when I was looking for work in Feb/Mar and it seemed that the sky had collapsed!

So, Option 2 I think. There's definitely going to be some damage, don't get me wrong, but I think clients are now positioned to be a lot more sensible about their decisions and are coming round to how to ensure their contractors are outside.

Also, if WFH continues, that'll really take the sting out of Inside roles. Personally, for me, if I don't need to travel then even an inside role on an average rate is a far better prospect than permiedom
                      Has anyone checked how the market is now with regards to the 'blanket' bans imposed last year? It seems that all the Banks took that approach. If they are now realizing that it was a mistake, maybe other markets will start to open up again. May take a couple of years to settle down though ....

Comment

Working...
                      X