• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Official IR35 Prediction Thread - IR35 Reform Day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Official IR35 Prediction Thread - IR35 Reform Day

IR35 Reform day! (again)

What will happen next .....

1.small companies get legislated

2.shortage of talent & better education means no blanket assessments & outside market rises significantly

3.scrap IR35 completely for alternative

4.anything else

I predict number two

When is this fabled day? Did I miss the memo?

Comment

5. IPSE will get IR35 scrapped

Comment

(1) is pretty certain because it follows a direction of travel. Probably not for a few years though.

Comment

Originally posted by saptastic View Post
          5. IPSE will get IR35 scrapped
          Who?

Comment

I think the delay was a mistake in terms of "compliance" - I'm in contract (outside, with a bank) and while I'm not paying HUGE attention to the market I'm still getting outside roles sent over.

Contrast that to last year, when I was looking for work in Feb/Mar and it seemed that the sky had collapsed!

So, Option 2 I think. There's definitely going to be some damage, don't get me wrong, but I think clients are now positioned to be a lot more sensible about their decisions and are coming round to how to ensure their contractors are outside.

Also, if WFH continues, that'll really take the sting out of Inside roles. Personally, for me, if I don't need to travel then even an inside role on an average rate is a far better prospect than permiedom

Comment

It's only Official if I say so

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                It's only Official if I say so
                Sorry.

Comment

6. Companies get educated and all contracts become outside.
                  Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

7. Clients with blanket assessments/bans just carry on and suffer it so nothing changes.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X