• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

J Corbyn and Iain Duncan Smith...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The logic of vaccination is that it prevents you getting ill with the disease in question. It does that by pre-arming your immune system to deal with the infection immediately it is caught. Obviously , that also greatly reduces the time in which you are infective since the disease agent is neutralised fairly quickly. Equally obviously, if you are not vaccinated against that agent, you will remain infectious for as long as the agent is in your body.

So anti-vaxxers are actually a threat to the rest of us - or at best to other anti-vaxxers or those who have not yet been vaccinated.

As an aside, the alternative is the Black Death solution. Don't protect anyone (mainly since they couldn't at that time) so only the immune survive to reproduce...
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Can’t believe I agree with malvolio

Comment

Exclusive: Covid passports for return to normal life may not be ready for months

Certificates are in the pipeline, but the creation of the mobile app could take until autumn to set up”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...-ready-months/

FfS, should have done it last year to be all ready for when needed - like later this month when pubs supposedly open

Comment

"Boris Johnson to give go-ahead for trials of Covid passports

Comedy club and cup finals among pilot events as backbench Tory revolt grows"

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ovid-passports

Comment

To paraphrase:
            First they came for those in residential homes
            And I did not speak out
            Because it did not affect my family

Then they came for the anti-vaxxers
            And I did not speak out
            Because I thought they were wrong anyway

Then they came for our basic freedoms
            And I did not speak out
            Because I was too blinded by the fear they spread to see what was being taken away

Then they came for me
            And there was no one left
            To speak out for me

Comment

Moral of the story - speak out right after they get anti-vaxxers...

Comment

No vaccine passport needed for a pint in the pub

Pubgoers will be able to enjoy a pint without having to show a vaccine passport under plans to lift lockdown that will be unveiled tomorrow.

Boris Johnson will announce that a new NHS app confirming that the holder has had the jab, a recent negative test or Covid-19 in the previous six months will be needed to enter theatres, cinemas and sports and music events after June 21.

Bars and restaurants will not be included, a concession to rebel MPs. Pub gardens are due to open on April 12; indoor bars and restaurants on May 17. Ministers will consult the hospitality industry on how those venues will operate, and there is likely to be debate over where the line is drawn between a quiet puband a packed bar on a Friday night, where crowds can resemble those in a nightclub.

Johnson has expressed excitement at the prospect of a pub pint, and is also planning a trip to the barber’s. “Pubs, restaurants and non-essential retail won’t be required to introduce certification,” a source said.

Ministers have also decided that vaccine passports will not be used in shops, on public transport or in other public services.”

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/n...-pub-2v3pf3dc7

Comment

In the meantime ...

”Andrew Cuomo, the beleaguered Democratic governor, is confident that the Excelsior Pass – which is free and voluntary — will help New Yorkers swiftly and safely get back to concerts, comedy gigs, sports games and summer weddings.

New Yorkers are eligible for Excelsior Passes 14 days after receiving a second vaccination, or if they’ve had a negative PCR test in the past three days, or a negative rapid antigen test in the past six hours. The pass, which lasts for 30 days, generates a QR code that participating businesses can scan. Cuomo’s office says that “data is kept secure and confidential at all times”.

The arrival of the Excelsior Pass, which uses blockchain technology created by IBM, comes as the state races through vaccinations, after New York became the global epicentre of the coronavirus crisis. The state recorded a daily death toll of 758 on Easter Sunday last year. Haunting photographs on my phone from early last April show a deserted Times Square, the empty canyons of Manhattan and refrigerated trucks storing dead bodies outside hospitals.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/n...orts-rcl5f55xm

Blockchained pass, excellent!

Comment

Originally posted by mattster View Post
                    The youngest have already put their lives on hold/lost their jobs/education etc, largely to protect the oldies, despite themselves being at much reduced risk. If they then have to stand to one side and watch these same oldies living it up down the boozer with their vaccine certificates whilst they themselves are still waiting for their chance to get jabbed, then I'd expect (and hope for) a revolution - or perhaps a bit of civil disobedience.
                    This. It's a sh!t time to be young.

If night clubs are to re-open soon, they'll have to start doing wrinklies nights.
                    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post

This. It's a sh!t time to be young.

If night clubs are to re-open soon, they'll have to start doing wrinklies nights.
                      Some night clubs are just not going to re-open.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X