• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

MVL and transfer of funds to Insolvency Practitioner...norm or risky?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MVL and transfer of funds to Insolvency Practitioner...norm or risky?

Folks.

planning to call it a day on my limited company and following MVL route.
    however, my IP is asking for funds to be transferred to her business account.
    Company has no liabilities pending, and disbursements are to director herself mainly.

so question - it is a standard practice to transfer entire funds to IP and then get appropriate amount back?

I hope someone can provide genuine information to help me decide whether to transfer or not.

thanks.

Yes it is normal, which is why you must be very careful in choosing your Practitioner and perform due diligence on them.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Maybe, but it's totally safe to send money to one of the posters on here, as long as they have at least 60000 posts under their belt.

Comment

You wouldn't normally transfer the funds yourself, as this removes much of the protection - though some IPs might ask you to if you are in a hurry (at your risk of course).

Instead, during the MVL, normally the IP would take control of the bank account and they would then carry out the necessary transfers.

Alternatively you could use an insolvency firm that allows you to retain control of the company funds by way of director loans, negating the need for the liquidator to take control.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
          Yes it is normal, which is why you must be very careful in choosing your Practitioner and perform due diligence on them.
          Thanks Cojak, what would qualify as being careful and performing due diligence?
          So far due-deligence
          1)IP is on IP register.
          2)IP has Bond to cover eventualities
          3)IP has been recommended by my accountant, as per them they been recommending him for ages now.
          4)IP and his company been active on this forum too.

not sure what else can be done as part of due-deligence.

Comment

(sucks air through teeth) All I am saying is rather you than me fella.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by johnsommers View Post

So far due-deligence
              1)IP is on IP register.
              3)IP has been recommended by my accountant, as per them they been recommending him for ages now.

That's it really, as well as recommendations.

"I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

QC’s opinion would go down nicely

Comment

Originally posted by johnsommers View Post

So far due-deligence
                  1)IP is on IP register.

You'd trust your money to anyone who posts here?
                  England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post

You'd trust your money to anyone who posts here?
                    I guess one has to draw the line somewhere, and then there is fate

Comment

Working...
                    X