• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Compulsory Covid vaccinations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bingobob777 View Post
    But surely if the vaccine is as amazing as they say it is, as long as the care home residents are vaccinated it makes no difference if the staff are?
    Ignoring, for now, your obvious lack of understanding of what the vaccine does and does not do, who is "they" and where have they said it is "amazing"?

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
      You can be sure the legislation will be much broader than the current Covid pandemic and just care homes.
      It will be proportional - two jabs per online account on CUK...

Comment

But surely if the vaccine is as amazing as they say it is, as long as the care home residents are vaccinated it makes no difference if the staff are?
        No. HTHBIDI.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Hello troll
          Do you know no man is an island?
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Do you know no man is an island?
            MF?

Comment

I listened to a bit about this on the radio before I got up this morning. One care home group already put in place policies that they wouldn't hire staff who hadn't / wouldn't get vaccinated and won't take on new residents who won't accept a vaccination. They say that because they have a statutory duty to keep residents safe (I forget the exact terminology) that is sufficient to not fall foul of anti-discrimination clauses in employment law.

I completely understand where they were coming from, and where HMG is coming from. I'm just not comfortable with it. I know there is precedent with other vaccinations for some roles in the NHS but is covid truly an equivalent disease that warrants this level of mandated vaccination?
              Last edited by ladymuck; 24 March 2021, 13:08.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                I know there is precedent with other vaccinations for some roles in the NHS but is covid truly an equivalent disease that warrants this level of mandated vaccination?
                In care homes? Certainly, I would have thought. From memory, some care homes lost 30% + of their residents to Covid in short order. It is an absolutely lethal disease for the very old/infirm.

Comment

Working...
                X