• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Compulsory Covid vaccinations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compulsory Covid vaccinations

"Care home staff to face compulsory Covid vaccination

Leaked Cabinet plans reveal that Prime Minister and Health Secretary have agreed to make jabs a legal requirement

Care home workers will be required by law to have a Covid-19 jab under a historic legal change agreed by Boris Johnson and Matt Hancock, The Telegraph can reveal.

Leaked details of a paper submitted to the Covid-19 Operations Cabinet sub-committee last week show that the Prime Minister and Health Secretary have requested the change in law.

Ministers feel compelled to act amid alarm at the low take-up of vaccines among staff in care homes, where many of those most at risk from the virus live.

Only around a quarter of homes in London, and half in other parts of England, have reached the level of vaccination among staff and residents deemed safe by government scientists.

Mr Sheppard said the closest equivalent was the 1853 Vaccination Act, which introduced compulsory vaccination for smallpox for newborn babies, and Acts passed in 1861, 1867 and 1871 to enforce that rule with fines."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...d-vaccination/

Only care workers, _V_ remains an elusive target -

Good, or do the anti vaxxers enjoy the thought the of people dying to support their so called liberty? Same goes for all other public facing jobs, aiding Covid proliferation should be an offence in itself.

Comment

I agree with the proposed change.

However I find it weird that they are using Victorian laws as an excuse to implement them.

They need to tell employers to reissue contracts with a new requirement to have vaccinations that match NHS staff/trainee requirements or no job.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Has anyone bothered to get to the bottom of why these people aren't getting vacccinated and considered trying to address those?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          Has anyone bothered to get to the bottom of why these people aren't getting vacccinated and considered trying to address those?
          For obvious reasons I've had a lot of contact with care staff over the past few years, and most have been very pro-vaccine since available and certainly in this area all had access to the vaccine early. I have however also spoken to a couple who were so anti-vax it was borderline funny (if it wasn't so serious). One was just last week, when I knew I was going to get my vaccine jab - she was bonkers, ranting about how no one knows what's in the vaccine, it's all a conspiracy blah blah.

So, unless anyone can prove otherwise, I'd say most if not all care staff have had the option to get the jab for some considerable time and those who aren't are choosing not to get vaccinated.

If we were talking TB, smallpox or similar this would be a none issue. We'd all accept a vaccination would be required to work with vulnerable people, but somehow a movement has grown up around CV19 that defies logic.

Hey ho. Had my 1st jab. Will be getting my second when offered. Happy to have a vaccine passport if an option. And looking forward to packing my backpack when I can and fookin off for a few months to go find myself (or whatever the kids do these days).
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Cos my mate Maxine who is on furlough from the nail bar on the high street said it's full of nanobots to turn us into zombies.
            How would these melts have coped in the days of smallpox and TB?
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

How is the law worded? Does it apply to broader forced vaccination, or even enforced medical treatments of workers?

You trust Boris and these vile Tory scum with these laws and how they are applied?

Be careful what enforced medications you wish for.
              First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

I'm all for "no jab, no job", but not so much for compulsory vaccinations.
                What does the law currently say about terminating somebody's employment because they refuse a medical intervention? It seems reasonable to me to be able to do it, in certain cases (care homes especially), but I have no idea if it is possible without new legislation.

Comment

Originally posted by mattster View Post
                  I'm all for "no jab, no job", but not so much for compulsory vaccinations.
                  What does the law currently say about terminating somebody's employment because they refuse a medical intervention? It seems reasonable to me to be able to do it, in certain cases (care homes especially), but I have no idea if it is possible without new legislation.
                  You can be sure the legislation will be much broader than the current Covid pandemic and just care homes.

First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

The Nutters are stirring it up as usual. Just some of the proper crazy claims

1. It contains Pork, children other mammal bits.
                    2. It harbours a disease that will kill me in a year.
                    3. It contains a disease that will kill me because I am non Ayran.
                    4. It has Nanobots so I can be controlled by microsoft.
                    5. It doesn't work on over 65s if you are French or German.
                    6. some other stuff that appeals to conspiracy theorists.

People have tried to explain including Medics & Community leaders but people don't believe in society because the feds execute our soljiers etc.

https://www.nice.org.uk/sharedlearni...-nice-guidance

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-...-says-12218667

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X