• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Riots in Bristol

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
    That will be a sight. IT geeks starting a riot.
    Did someone unplug the router?

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

I seem to have issues posting Beeb links from my phone in a boozer.
      ftfy

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

There's a huge anti-establishment community in Bristol, mainly centred around Stokes Croft these days; but the city has a proud tradition of rioting. There's even a Wikipedia page for Bristol riots, and there's one that I know of that isn't on there, when they got really upset about a closed-down comedy club on Cheltenham Road being turned into a Tesco Express about ten years ago

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post

ftfy

I would be so lucky!

Hairdressers aren't even open here.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Tulips used to come from Amsterdam, now you can get them in the strrets of Bristol: https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/b...ficers-5212101
            England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post
              Tulips used to come from Amsterdam, now you can get them in the strrets of Bristol: https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/b...ficers-5212101
              Kind of apt

https://theflowerempowered.com/[email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
                That will be a sight. IT geeks starting a riot.
                BrilloPad tried to start a riot once, but nobody else turned up. Just one fool in a batman costume.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

It'll help the bill through but I think it's more a case of useful idiots proving the case for the bill rather than Tory rentamob. Tories know they don't need to and that the activists will gladly waste taxpayer money they've not contributed to. Water cannons with soap would be a good deterrent for them.
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Something does stink about this.
                    I saw a post on Facebook earlier, where one of the attacked police cars was pictured along with its MOT and tax status. This vehicle had neither according to the screenshot of DVLA checker!
                    The cynic is me says that this is not an administrative error!
                    Former IPSE member
                    My Website

Comment

Originally posted by courtg9000 View Post
                      Something does stink about this.
                      I saw a post on Facebook earlier, where one of the attacked police cars was pictured along with its MOT and tax status. This vehicle had neither according to the screenshot of DVLA checker!
                      The cynic is me says that this is not an administrative error!
                      Or that police vehicle number plates are hidden on the DVLA website...? They are, after all, coded in various ways and not published.

The local guys have a good idea who the 200-300 instigators of the violence are and are starting to round them up. This was simply criminal vandalism, nothing more, nothing less.
                      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
                      X