• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Don't forget to complete your 2021 Census this weekend

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Don't forget to complete your 2021 Census this weekend

    Otherwise a £1000 fine might be on its way to you
    I design idiot proof software. Trouble is, they keep making better idiots.

    #2
    Are you still in Swindon?

    Comment


      #3
      I did mine when the envelope arrived a week or so ago.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by _V_ View Post
        Otherwise a £1000 fine might be on its way to you
        It's unlikely to be fair.

        What will happen is that you'll get a friendly letter reminding you to do it.

        Then a less friendly one.

        Then some poor sod in a Hi-Viz vest will knock on your door to remind you.

        Then they'll come back and point out that you may get fined if you don't do it.

        Then the enforcement guys get involved.

        In reality it's only the real nutters who think Magna Carta means they don't have to do it that end up getting fined.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

        Comment


          #5
          And it has to be done online, going to be fun for those that don’t have a computer
          Growing old is mandatory
          Growing up is optional

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by DaveB View Post

            In reality it's only the real nutters who think Magna Carta means they don't have to do it that end up getting fined.
            That'll be a friend of mine who was briefly banned from LinkedIn for peddling anti-covid and anti-vax crap. I haven't spoken to her in months as she peddles her nonsense with the vigor of a born-again convert.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              I did mine when the envelope arrived a week or so ago.
              Same here. £1000 seems rather steep for this.
              bloggoth

              If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
                And it has to be done online, going to be fun for those that don’t have a computer
                They can phone for a paper version of the form to be sent out.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

                  They can phone for a paper version of the form to be sent out.
                  What if they don't have a computer or a phone?

                  What if they also have a paper allergy and no hands?
                  I design idiot proof software. Trouble is, they keep making better idiots.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by _V_ View Post

                    What if they don't have a computer or a phone?

                    What if they also have a paper allergy and no hands?
                    Then perhaps the person who comes to their door will help them? Obviously they won't be able to open the door but maybe they could shout through the letterbox.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X