• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Don't forget to complete your 2021 Census this weekend

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Then perhaps the person who comes to their door will help them? .
    This is actually what happens, it says on the website or in the letter somewhere. I guess someone turns up with an iPad.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

MoD tells contractors not to answer certain census questions over security fears

Bit late now, of course.

An Industry Security Notice issued on 15 March and aimed at defence contractors urges them not to give full and complete answers to questions 41-42, 44, and 50. When filling in 41 ("What is (was) the name of the organisation or business you work (worked) for?") contractors should not "give details about the place where you work", according to the MoD.

Job titles* should simply become "MoD contractor", while question 43, which asks what you do in your main job, "should not be answered" at all in the ministry's view. Even the location of one's workplace shouldn't be revealed in the census, with the MoD urging people to give only the postcode.

Quite how giving "G84 8HL" instead of "HM Naval Base Clyde" (the nuclear submarine base in Faslane, Scotland) protects national security seems unclear.

An MoD spokeswoman told The Register: "Some census questions could identify contractors' status and increase the security risk to themselves and others. This Defence Instruction Notice is intended to minimise the security risk to current service, civilian and contractor personnel within the armed forces."

Comment

It only takes ten minutes to complete and only happens once every ten years,

yeah I know its a chore but I have to give the wife sex occasionally
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

They only had a few years to warn them if there is ever a census or a survey how to answer such questions....
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

They only had a few years to warn them if there is ever a census or a survey how to answer such questions....
            Name: James Bond
            Employer: MI6
            Address: 85 Albert Embankment, Vauxhall, London SE11 5AW
            Where will you be sleeping 21.03.2021?: Mrs Russian Diplomats apartment, 6/7 Kensington Palace Gardens, Bayswater, London W8 4QP

First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Apparently they did do a warning ten years ago too but that was ten years ago

Comment

I just ticked "other" to every question.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  Are you still in Swindon?
                  I spend my time between a large family home in leafy Surrey, and a retirement Pied-à-terre in sunny Portugal.

First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Mrs V did ours as part of the make "Mrs V more technically accomplished" project.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Was I the only one thinking they had hidden some IR35 questions in the census? First are you freelancer and then they started asking about jobtitle and do you supervise people

Comment

Working...
                      X