• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

She has lost

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She has lost

She ain't coming back.

She being Shamima Begum.
    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...ip-court-rules
    Last edited by SueEllen; 26 February 2021, 09:57.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Good riddance

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
      Good riddance
      She is currently stateless.

She may still end up back here to spend the rest of her life in jail and on licence
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

The judgment from the UK’s highest court is a critical – and controversial – test case
        Besides waking the liberal feckwits reading the Guardian, nothing's controversial about that

Comment

Outrageous - if she committed any crimes under UK law then she should have been subjected to British Justice system, not this.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
            Good riddance
            Maybe so, but she was 15 when she went out there - just a kid, and a young one at that. We don't always make the smartest decisions at that age, and we are often easily swayed. Maybe she needs to be locked up on return for our safety, or maybe some sort of rehabilitation could work, but I can't understand how the UK government is able to revoke her citizenship and make her stateless, which is supposed to against international law. Maybe not a popular opinion, but I think she deserves a chance, and she and her kids are truly stuffed if they don't get it.

Comment

lovely news
              Former IPSE member
              My Website

Comment

Originally posted by mattster View Post

Maybe so, but she was 15 when she went out there - just a kid, and a young one at that. We don't always make the smartest decisions at that age, and we are often easily swayed. Maybe she needs to be locked up on return for our safety, or maybe some sort of rehabilitation could work, but I can't understand how the UK government is able to revoke her citizenship and make her stateless, which is supposed to against international law. Maybe not a popular opinion, but I think she deserves a chance, and she and her kids are truly stuffed if they don't get it.
                I have to agree with mattster I don't like her much, i don't really want her in the country, I definitely don't want her walking freely in the country but making her stateless is probably wrong.

They do keep mentioning she was just a kid when she went, she knew what she was doing. If she had committed a crime in the UK at that age she would have been sent to juvenile prison. She is also now 21 and was committing treason when she was aged 18 so she can be tried on that basis.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  If she had committed a crime in the UK at that age she would have been sent to juvenile prison. She is also now 21 and was committing treason when she was aged 18 so she can be tried on that basis.
                  AFAIK she has no UK court convictions of any crime under UK law, it was extra-judicial clearly political decision to strip her of citizenship, even worst UK murderers did not get that.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

AFAIK she has no UK court convictions of any crime under UK law, it was extra-judicial clearly political decision to strip her of citizenship, even worst UK murderers did not get that.
                    what are you talking about Willis?
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X