• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Forum Bug Reports

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by edison View Post
    Getting the 'Invalid Page URL' error yet again this morning when trying to view a thread...
    No-one cares about Christmas Adverts anyway

Comment

Constantly getting the dreaded:

Error while saving content: %1$s

Error information: " 524 error "

It posts, but always hangs on this. Also sometimes it shows some threads with the wrong info re last post, for example it would show the last post with user X at 9:00 yesterday but if you open the thread you find it had multiple replies since then.

Comment

It seems whenever I post a new thread I end up with

Invalid Page URL. If this is an error and the page should exist, please contact the system administrator and tell them how you got this message.
        I'm starting to feel victimised!

As what DSC said, on some threads the last poster doesn't seem to be accurate on others it is.

Comment

Will stick around a little longer, but can't be bothered with the constant server errors, lost posts, failed connections etc. for too much longer. I guess the forum doesn't have the traffic anymore to really justify the investment, so fair enough, but it may be worth killing it in that case.

Comment

Sorry for the delay jamesbrown and others

Hopefully will sort this week and defo worth the investment.

Just for various reasons not completed the work - hopefully this week.

Thanks for the patience

Comment

Just a quick update: it seems there have been a lot of web crawlers of the more useless kind hammering the site of late. These have now been blocked, which will hopefully make things run more smoothly.

I've also been working out some stuff which will shift some of the load that currently gets imposed on the database onto more suitable technologies (memcache, to be precise) which we'll look to get deployed this week. And I'm looking into a database upgrade, which will further improve performance. So things will hopefully have improved somewhat as of this morning, and will improve some more in the near future

Comment

Thank You NickFitz - hopefully this helps alot

Comment

Pressed the back button a few times after paging through a thread then replying to a post and got this... (It doesn't appear to have actually stopped me using the site though!)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-11-28 091528.png
Views:	83
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	4279205

Comment

what a cheek!

https://forums.contractoruk.com/gene...-possibly-nsfw
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

We doubled the RAM on the server - on AWS - no expense spared for you all. Hope that also helps. Any probs post here.

Comment

Working...
                      X