• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Forum Bug Reports

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My profile is just a blank page. Everyone else's seems to work. Bah!
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      My profile is just a blank page. Everyone else's seems to work. Bah!
      Yes, something odd going on there - it also seems to be one of those things that varies across different browsers; I'll have a look

Comment

Only seems to be a problem when I'm logged in. Hmm.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          Only seems to be a problem when I'm logged in. Hmm.
          I just found that out too, and even then only for certain users' profiles. Very odd; I'll keep digging

Comment

Nick, any update on the "go to first unread post" link. Will this be looked at at some point?

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
              Nick, any update on the "go to first unread post" link. Will this be looked at at some point?
              Yes, I'm digging in to the "interesting" approach they've adopted for deciding what someone has read

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
                I just had it happen to me on my laptop, and thought "Great, I can see what's going wrong if it stays wrong!" But when I moved to my iMac to attempt to track it down, it had updated one of the suspected culprit tables correctly that time so I couldn't get any idea of how it had gone wrong

I've formulated a hypothesis (sounds so much better than "I'm clutching at straws" ) but it needs the forum to be a bit busier than it is at the moment to test it, so I'll try to dig into it tomorrow

Comment

Sent you a DM Nick, stuff still not working for me.

qh
                  He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Hi Nick, When not logged in - you look at a thread on the forum and there are 2 x "Topic is closed" Buttons - one at the top and one at the bottom. It is not closed - this is false - someone is just not logged in to respond.
                    Can you change the text to "Reply to thread" - linked to the log in button (or if need be get rid of those buttons).

Comment

Originally posted by saptastic View Post
                      Hi Nick, When not logged in - you look at a thread on the forum and there are 2 x "Topic is closed" Buttons - one at the top and one at the bottom. It is not closed - this is false - someone is just not logged in to respond.
                      Can you change the text to "Reply to thread" - linked to the log in button (or if need be get rid of those buttons).
                      Ah, I must have screwed something up - the previous problem with those was that they didn't appear when a topic was closed

Of course, the solution is in your hands: just never log out

I'll have a look

Comment

Working...
                      X