• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Forum Bug Reports

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Not sure if this one has been done.

Notifications when quoted - now coming through but only if I look at my Message Centre. I would have expected the Notifications section on the top menu bar to show that there's a new notification, like when you get a PM. How else am I supposed to know what notifications I've got?

And...when I click on the notification, it provides a link to the thread containing the quote rather than the post containing the quote.
    OK, I'll have a look. Notifications got complicated; it used to just be PMs, Rep and Infractions, but they decided to subdivide them further, so it's possible some type isn't being included in the count.

The link thing is because it seems they decided to provide YET ANOTHER way to get places

I'll make it use one of the sensible ways instead, unless it's an easy fix to accommodate whatever they're doing this time

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

I'll be getting the paging back on thread lists as soon as I can. It's yet another thing that's a bit more complicated than it at first appears, if it's to be done properly, but it'll be along Real Soon Now.

There's a couple of problems with the search at the moment I think, but I'll look into the question of ordering results too.
      Well done that man!

Comment

Notifications Preview: If someone 'likes' a post, when you click on the notification the system takes you to the first page of the thread, rather than said 'liked' post.

Needle in a haystack time for TPD...
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Like notifications and TPD is really not a good combination.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Trying to upload an image from my PC - "Source URL is missing".
            ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
              Trying to upload an image from my PC - "Source URL is missing".
              OK, thanks - I need to do a thorough check of the image uploading stuff. I'm pretty sure it'll work OK once it's configured in various ways, but having that specific error message is very helpful as I can work out what path through the code leads to it, and how to stop it getting there. Cheers!

Comment

With historic chapters (eg Dead Celebrities) one is taken to page 1, not the latest post. (Annoying, rather than a matter of life and death.)
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                  With historic chapters (eg Dead Celebrities) one is taken to page 1, not the latest post. (Annoying, rather than a matter of life and death.)
                  From which link? So far we've identified four, IIRC: the thread title, which is supposed to take you to page 1; the "go to last unread" circle-with-downward-arrows thing which appears just before the thread title if there are new posts in the thread since you last viewed it (which isn't always working correctly); the "go to last post" rectangle-with-rightward-arrows which appears by the date of the last post on the right; and the thread title in notifications (in your Message Centre) about that thread, which should take you to what you're being notified about but doesn't, so you end up at page 1.

Comment

Does anybody (or everybody) else hate the stupid way it animates scrolling the page down rather than just loading the page and jumping to the correct spot; for example when you've just posted, or when you follow the "last post" or "first unread" links? Because I hate it; it serves no purpose, as the browser knows how to jump to the right spot on the page, and by delaying that jump it makes the site feel slower and clunkier.

It's one of those things that was thought to be "cool" some years ago by a bunch of UX designers at the Big Sites, so they inflicted it on the world and loads of other people copied them because they assumed it must be A Good Thing if those sites were doing it, but nobody does it nowadays because everybody (other than UX designers at the Big Sites) realised straight away that it's just really, really annoying.

It's baked in pretty deeply, but I think I've worked out how to stop it. If there isn't a huge groundswell of support for it, and the powers-that-be approve, I'm going to see if I can get rid of it.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Does anybody (or everybody) else hate the stupid way it animates scrolling the page down rather than just loading the page and jumping to the correct spot; for example when you've just posted, or when you follow the "last post" or "first unread" links? Because I hate it; it serves no purpose, as the browser knows how to jump to the right spot on the page, and by delaying that jump it makes the site feel slower and clunkier.

It's one of those things that was thought to be "cool" some years ago by a bunch of UX designers at the Big Sites, so they inflicted it on the world and loads of other people copied them because they assumed it must be A Good Thing if those sites were doing it, but nobody does it nowadays because everybody (other than UX designers at the Big Sites) realised straight away that it's just really, really annoying.

It's baked in pretty deeply, but I think I've worked out how to stop it. If there isn't a huge groundswell of support for it, and the powers-that-be approve, I'm going to see if I can get rid of it.
                      +1. It really annoys me.

Comment

Working...
                      X