• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Forum Bug Reports

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post

Yes, i think its to do with the tracking/updating of the latest post read within a thread, as its still sometimes still taking me to the "previous" latest post.
    I think that's another one of those things where they rely on some bit of JavaScript rather than just keeping track of it server-side when generating the page. If so, I can probably wedge something in there to do it the old way that worked rather than the new way that doesn't because it's dumb

Comment

I'm curious, quite a lot of IT types run using Noscript or whatever, is the new forum is utterly unusable without all that guff? Or does it fall-back to something more old-fashioned?
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Cheers! The "canvas-widget" class is used in a lot of places so I need to double-check that, but the others should be OK
        It's min-height I'm changing there so should only impact large amounts of whitespace when there is nothing in the div.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

That's on the list to fix. I don't know exactly why, but some users have the "thumb" version generated while most don't, and if it can't find the thumbnail version it falls back to the default avatar, rather than doing something sensible like falling back to the full-size one. This is one of the very few bits of code that's the same as it was on the old version, but the old version didn't use the "thumb=1" option anywhere, or not anywhere people looked

And they include that "thumb=1" in places where they don't even want the thumbnail version. As there are strict limits on the sizes (both dimensions and bytes) of avatars and neither of them are huge, I don't think it's an issue to just use the normal version and let the browser scale it.
        That would work - but could you add

.avatar {
        height: 32px;
        width: 32px;
        text-align: center;
        margin-right: 10px;
        border: 1px solid #DFDFDF;

}

and possibly swap the border 1px with a padding 1px; to remove a pointless border. The avatar forces the browser to rescale so it does all the hard work.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Moderating: tried to copy a post from General to Accounting/Legal and got this:

Invalid Page URL. If this is an error and the page should exist, please contact the system administrator and tell them how you got this message.
          Reference: Contractor UK Bulletin Board
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post

Was just about to report the same issue.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post

OK, been a few months since I checked out moving a thread and it seemed OK then; I'll have a look. I gather the thread ended up being moved correctly?

EDIT: ah no, it didn't. Will get on it straight away

Comment

Don't like the way you can't see the paging control of a tgread in mobile view. You have to go into the thread and then click to go to the last post.

Also the advanced search doesn't allow you to diplay resukts as posts and it doesn't order them. I like to ordee by date in descending order but that isn't happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Gould The Swimmer View Post
                  Don't like the way you can't see the paging control of a tgread in mobile view. You have to go into the thread and then click to go to the last post.
                  Oh, I see. It's that funny fast forward icon.

Comment

More css

.pagenav-container {
                    1. margin-top: 0px;
                    2. margin-bottom: 0px;
                    }

also

.conversation-status-message.notice {

margin-bottom: 12px;
                    }

it was previously 22px.

Removes a pile of white space on thread pages and as thread titles are on the left you don't gain any benefit as the navigation is on the right.

with the min-height change that changes the header from

to

which I think is a 55 or so pixel improvement in screen real estate.
                    Last edited by eek; 24 February 2021, 12:46.

Comment

Originally posted by Gould The Swimmer View Post
                      Don't like the way you can't see the paging control of a tgread in mobile view.
                      I don't like the way there isn't AI ban hammer for gricer sockies; it wouldn't require much intelligence to weed them out.

Comment

Working...
                      X