• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Forum Bug Reports

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Just discovered that the swear filter isn't on and tulip doesn't come out looking like tulips any more.
    Fixed

Comment

Just wanna say that showing all emoticons near text box is FAR better than it was before.

Comment

Android app is broken

"Network error, please try again later. (get_forum | Contractor UK)"

Comment

I added a BBC URL and it doesn't show the title any more in the post, just the naked URL. When I use the Link button, I don't see an option to set link text only the URL
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            I added a BBC URL and it doesn't show the title any more in the post, just the naked URL. When I use the Link button, I don't see an option to set link text only the URL
            Yes, that one's been annoying me too. Am investigating…

In the meantime, if you select the text you want to be contained in the link then use the link button, it should do it appropriately. But the auto-title-fetching was better

Comment

Still not getting to the "last post visited" when clicking on the "double-down arrow" to the thread...
              I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
                Still not getting to the "last post visited" when clicking on the "double-down arrow" to the thread...
                I think post #135 was the last update on that one

Comment

More of a performance bug than a functional one.

Sometimes threads take an age to load. I haven't noticed it being particular to the number of posts in a thread, it seems to be quite random and some threads will load quickly first time but then take a long time next time you launch it (and vice versa).

Those 5+ seconds could make a difference somewhere

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
                    That's because:

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    From what I can work out so far, it seems that the rectangle-with-arrows takes you to the last post in the thread, while the circle-with-arrows takes you to the last unread post, which is of course specific to you.

The problem is that the latter functionality is implemented by loading the page, then doing a JavaScript call to find out what the last-read thing is for you in particular, then using JavaScript to load the posts for the correct page and replace the page it just loaded and "fix" the page number… typical excessive JS stupidity (and I say that as a JS developer since 1996).

The problem is that I've already ripped out their nonsense (originally, the entire site worked like this… it was a nightmare) so that isn't going to happen.

So I need to add something on the backend which recognises that link and will redirect to the correct page. I'm pretty sure I know how to make that work, but it's not as quick a fix as some of them have been. Give me a little time, and until then you'll have to make do with only being able to get to the last post, I'm afraid
                    Working on it…

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

That's because:

Working on it…
                      It seems you might have fixed it but I wonder if it's attached to the ignore functionality which means its not as simple as the thread has 1407 posts so open page 1407/(posts per page)+1.

So you end up writing a large amount of javascript as it's easier than working out how to do it in the backend.
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X