• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bitcoin

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its a ponzy scheme created by a few individual holding 75% of the bitcoin and driving the price to sky high for the remaining lot.
    I wouldn't be surprised if it gets to a million

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
      its a ponzy scheme created by a few individual holding 75% of the bitcoin and driving the price to sky high for the remaining lot.
      Sounds like a no-brainer to take a punt on it then.

Comment

I knew buying a currency named after me was a bad idea. Never trust as a serious investment a product with a cartoon dog as a logo
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          +1. At some point governments are going to see it as a threat. Then pull the plug very quickly.
          Yep, that will definitely happen in the west, probably driven by the USA stopping all conversions to and from $$$ to BTC.

However, the lawmaking in the USA is glacial speed and the FED yesterday were asked about bitcoin and the head of the Fed says they have no issues with it, but they neither advise or not advise whether investing in it is a good idea.

But one day the shutters will drop that's for sure.

Hence this is a high risk, possible high reward play.
          First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
            75% of BTC is controlled by 2% of the owners, this was confirmed by some clever blockchain analysis. When the whales decide it is time to cash in the price with crater within a few days. Hence my approach not to be too greedy. Out before $100K per BTC, out at the end of this year for sure.

Comment

Surely it would make sense to hedge... take out 75 or even 90% whatever you need for a decent pay-out. If it collapses you don't care, if it continues to rocket you are still in the game.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Surely it would make sense to hedge... take out 75 or even 90% whatever you need for a decent pay-out. If it collapses you don't care, if it continues to rocket you are still in the game.
                Certainly it isn't binary, in or out. But I will personally be fully out once my own profit requirements are met (see first post here).

Comment

Too risky for me. I invested safely with Neil Woodford.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Got to be fair I chucked £10K pension in a few years ago.

Bitcoin went up to $20K. Sold the profit and put it back into proper pension fund. About £20K.
                    Sold about £10K more as it fell.

Of course, wish I'd kept it all.

BUT I've still got about £15K left in there which is pure profit so fair play.

In terms of actual bitcoin, bought 1/4 at $2400. Wish I'd bought a whole one. But you know what they say about money you can afford to lose....
                    Cost $600 value today $12500.
                    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                      But you know what they say about money you can afford to lose....
                      So you only put your JSA in?

Comment

Working...
                      X