• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bitcoin

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

“Paul Ferguson, a partner at the law firm, said that Wright “has always maintained he created bitcoin to operate within existing laws and that, in the event of loss or theft where legitimate ownership can be proven, the developers have a duty to ensure recovery”.

The computer scientists’ legal team maintained that “despite requests”, the developers have failed to assist Wright in recovering his bitcoin key.

Ferguson said that Tulip Trading, a Seychelles company whose primary beneficial owner is Wright, has been “purely and simply, a victim of theft”.”

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/b...hack-x8fhlctrp

Comment

Good grief look at NANO today. I bought a few days back and saw this morning it was up 40% on some successful funding, so sold. It's now 60% up... no wait, 70% by the time I finish typing.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Good grief look at NANO today. I bought a few days back and saw this morning it was up 40% on some successful funding, so sold. It's now 60% up... no wait, 70% by the time I finish typing.
        You can thank that twat Musk for that. See earlier post by _V_.
        Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post

You can thank that twat Musk for that. See earlier post by _V_.
          Oh yes just saw that one on BBC. I had thought NANO was just down to a funding round.
          I bought NANO because I reckon green-crypto is a big deal in the future. Seriously Elon, **** off though. At least it means others should bounce back in the short term.

Except DOGE which appears to be in freefall. And which I bought for the 2nd time - both times it collapsed right after thanks to Elon's tweets

Comment

Oh and that's even after this nonsense: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-57052811 (Cryptocurrency: Musk's SpaceX to launch dogecoin moon mission)

Can we send Elon to the moon?

Comment

Oh and that's even after this nonsense: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-57052811 (Cryptocurrency: Musk's SpaceX to launch dogecoin moon mission)

Can we send Elon to the moon?
              The guy is an absolute tool. I'm sure his cars are probably unreliable random crap too.
              First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post

The guy is an absolute tool.
                He's also a bit of a genius. But a bit unhinged, or at least unconstrained by societal norms. The sort of wildcard maverick billionaire you see in a film. It's hard to tell how much is Trumpesque egomania, and how much he's just trolling the world (which I have to admit must be quite fun)

Comment

it's it mad that one psycho can actually manipulate a 2.5 trillion "market"??? He controls the whole crypto space now. I mean why isn't other billionaires do the same? I mean it is ironic that Elon said right before the SNL interview that people should not put their whole savings or money into crypto... and boom, he gets "rid" of bitcoin 5 days later......

Comment

People do manipulate the market but normally with more subtlety. If it were stocks, would he be in hot water? Or is posting "I'm going to buy DOGE" after you already bought absolutely fine?

As I understand it, transactions are transparently available online. I wonder if you can deduce which wallets Elon controls...

Comment

People do manipulate the market but normally with more subtlety. If it were stocks, would he be in hot water? Or is posting "I'm going to buy DOGE" after you already bought absolutely fine?

As I understand it, transactions are transparently available online. I wonder if you can deduce which wallets Elon controls...
                      Stocks are regulated; in the US by the SEC.

Crypto is completely unregulated. Apart from outright fraud or theft, anything goes.
                      Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Working...
                      X