• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bitcoin

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
    I doubled my cash in BTC from £5k to 10.5K last year and cashed out in October. Then two months later it was £25k.
    And that my friend, is the pain of dealing in Bitcoin. It never goes away either. My mates 10's of thousands earnt, became "1 point something" million lost, in 2016 :/

I thought my mate cashing out at 33k in December was wise, and look now just 2 months later he'll be feeling the pain too.

It helps somewhat, to be a bleedin heart liberal - its fuelling crime and corruption and people are profiting from that.
    Last edited by Scoobos; 16 February 2021, 17:05.

Comment

It’s a clear Ponzi scheme now

Comment

So do any of you diversify or is there no point with anything except BTC unless you're really an expert? As I said in the other thread, I put a small amount in to see how it all works and decided to split it 5 ways on ones I'd heard of... but there's dozens I hadn't heard of and I can't see the point.

Is it now the point anyone can start their own currency and so that's what is happening? There's a small temptation to put £5 into each tiny currency and forget about it
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          From 2018

https://www.seattletimes.com/opinion...-ponzi-scheme/

So no, my barber shouldn’t buy bitcoin. This will end badly, and the sooner it does, the better.

I hope he doesn't go back to that barber and ask for a Turkish shave
          First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            So do any of you diversify or is there no point with anything except BTC unless you're really an expert? As I said in the other thread, I put a small amount in to see how it all works and decided to split it 5 ways on ones I'd heard of... but there's dozens I hadn't heard of and I can't see the point.

Is it now the point anyone can start their own currency and so that's what is happening? There's a small temptation to put £5 into each tiny currency and forget about it
            I have a selection of what I call "the best tulipcoins out there" too. We are in a booming alt coin season.

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
              I have a selection of what I call "the best tulipcoins out there" too. We are in a booming alt coin season.
              I'm still running two masternodes for a particular tulipcoin - my stash currently worth 30ishK - was 60k last week and 20k the week before that. Not enough volume for me to cash out at the moment.
              ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

It gets to the point where 10% per day is disappointing
                Just wait a little longer and you'll be disappointed with a negative daily win of 50%.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                  just wait a little longer and you'll be disappointed with a negative daily win of 50%. :d
                  i will not be the bag holder. Not this time!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    I would liken it more to a game of poker. Join the table, play the game, walk away with the pot. Don't get greedy. Don't believe the crypto bulltulip. Don't be the mark.

Comment

i will not be the bag holder. Not this time!!!!

If you accept it as a punt and don't bet the house, then punt away. Nothing wrong with a bit of fun

The problem arises when you start to sniff your own farts too much, like scootie.

Comment

Working...
                      X