• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Help us prevent trans-exclusionary bathroom laws in the UK!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    If you're gender-fluid this is going to get confusing.
    I don’t want to know what you do with your ‘gender fluid’.....
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
      They tried this at a client site a couple of years ago, they turned some of the female facilities into unisex or whatever the term is. They said it was to increase toilets for men as the gender balance was 90/10 m/f. But co-incidentally a couple of men had just declared they were trans. Anyway men were fine with them, but no women used them and the trans girls complained that they were the only females in there! To be fair at a lot of places I've worked the cubicles have not been so private, i.e really just a couple of boards between and very small so your'e in close proximity to your neighbour and in some cases you can without trying see the dropped trolleys. if the cubicles were large and true floor to ceiling it would help.

Although at a train station café on Lake Garda there were two bathrooms with sofas outside, but the doors were smoked glass and there was another window at the other side so giving full illumination. And they were holes in the floor too. Wife made me satnd with my back to the door to give her some privacy!
      To turn toilets into unisex ones they need to be single toilets with their own hand basin and not a line of cubicles.

Oh and one of my former clients at one site due to the male/female ratio stuck the female toilets at the furthest corner of each floor. In doing that they pissed all the women off as you don't want to be stared at by every person as you make your way to the toilet. Luckily for me I worked there less than one day a month.
      Last edited by SueEllen; 12 February 2021, 19:34.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
        In the sea. Wonder why the guys weren't doing that either?

we do and we use it rather than curtains!
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          So some guy is going to knock you out and run off with your kid? Sounds a fearful way to live.

The way I've always seen it done is the parent takes the child into the cubicle and both do their business there. They're never separated.

Although when I was wee you'd just be sent in and they'd wait for you outside. This obsession with children being abducted is crazy. You might as well live in a bungalow because statistically stairs are dangerous.

and when you have 2-3 children with you?
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
          X