• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Considering contracting for client in Belgium - IR35 and other considerations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Considering contracting for client in Belgium - IR35 and other considerations

Hi all, I just wanted to ask if anyone knows if taking a EUR contract has any bearing on IR35 liability? Does off-payroll apply when end clients are not based in UK?

Secondly, if anyone has any advice on how to best take payment into a LTD company account in EUR without paying a hefty fee to convert to GBP, I'd be grateful.

Originally posted by thecolour View Post
    Hi all, I just wanted to ask if anyone knows if taking a EUR contract has any bearing on IR35 liability? Does off-payroll apply when end clients are not based in UK?

Secondly, if anyone has any advice on how to best take payment into a LTD company account in EUR without paying a hefty fee to convert to GBP, I'd be grateful.
    Open a business multicurrency account with Transferwise for the best exchange rates and low fees
    VAT should be deferred to the end client (as it was before)
    IR35 liability is still a bit vague

Comment

Did you ask your accountant?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

It really depends on who the contracting parties are, and where the actual work is being conducted?
        I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Did you ask your accountant?
          I did and they don't have a clue

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
            I did and they don't have a clue
            Did you look to find new accountants who do have a clue?

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
              Did you look to find new accountants who do have a clue?
              I did and they are looking things up for me now, I'm especially worried about VAT because the story seems to change a bit

Comment

you can't work in the EU after Brexit, we are outcasts and no UK person will ever work in the EU again. It must be true a remainer told me.

Seriously make sure your visa is correct as if there is a muck up it may affect future visas.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Starling Bank business account and set up a parallel EUR account which costs £2 per month.

Comment

Whenever I've done this , I've simply moved to the country.

Are you doing that?

If so, stay there for more than (I think its 185 days) and you're liable for taxes in the country of residence - and IR35 doesn't matter at all. (or you can choose to use a tax treaty, claim the tax back and then declare it in the UK and pay it here, but that would be silly imho, with the HMRC attitude towards contractors doing things outside of THEIR norm).

If you are not, I still think IR35 matters not , as you would not be a UK Full time employee paying UK taxes anyway, if you are employed by a non UK entity.

I am not an accountant.

Oh and you are posting in general, so I think I have to put something obscene in, you massive turd .

Comment

Working...
                    X