• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How to remove your account

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to remove your account

-- --
    Last edited by Stevie Wonder Boy; 9 February 2021, 09:53.

Your posts are public so will not be removed.

I think you can PM/email admin to ask for your login to be removed. But is it worth it? You are better off logging out and never returning. As your public posts will remain.

Comment

Apparently the posts don't have to be removed under Article 17 of GDPR section 3. The user should only need to be anonymised.

HTHBIDI
      Last edited by ShandyDrinker; 3 February 2021, 08:33.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I am invoking my right under GDPR to be forgotten. I want all of my information removed.

"We process your personal information under the General Data Protection Regulation Article (6)(b) in order to provide you with information and internet forum services. We may also process this information to undertake standard business functions and under the General Data Protection Regulation Article (6)(f) to inform you of relevant events, content, and other benefits or opportunities. ContractorUK Ltd may also use this information to help us understand our customers’ needs and interests, to better tailor our products and services to meet those needs."

I don't care what you think, this is my right and I'm invoking it.
        Right to be forgotten only covers personal data. You can request your account to be closed but posts you or others have made on here do not constitute personal data unless they contain identifying information about you. If this is the case then you should indicate where this has occurred so they can be removed or redacted.

In order to request this you need to contact the DPO via the contact details on the page that you quoted that text from. You will also need to provide proof of identity in order to assure the site owners that you are who you say you are and not someone impersonating that individual, as the site owners have a duty under the regulations to confirm this.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by ShandyDrinker View Post

Apparently the posts don't have to be removed under Article 17 of GDPR section 3. The user should only need to be anonymised.

HTHBIDI
            Well that's not much use. If we see someone with a head like a spaniel we'll all know it's Stevie!
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              Well that's not much use. If we see someone with a head like a spaniel we'll all know it's Stevie!
              There are loads of Stevie's in my area then.

They tend to sniff each others bums.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by ShandyDrinker View Post

HTHBIDI
                No. Art 17. Sec. 3 covers retention of data in specific circumstances relating to law enforcement, public interest, scientific research, legal defence, public health or freedom of speech. It doesn't apply here.

Paragraphs 1 and 2 shall not apply to the extent that processing is necessary:
                for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information;
                for compliance with a legal obligation which requires processing by Union or Member State law to which the controller is subject or for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller;
                for reasons of public interest in the area of public health in accordance with points (h) and (i) of Article 9(2) as well as Article 9(3);
                for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes in accordance with Article 89(1) in so far as the right referred to in paragraph 1 is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of the objectives of that processing; or
                for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I don't care what you think, this is my right and I'm invoking it.
                  Admin doesn't care what I think either. The number of flounce points you get decreases by shooting the messenger.

Good luck reaching admin. Apparently he does not respond until the 3rd solicitor letter. Unless a mod puts up the bat signal. And the mods are useless twunts who are lucky to find their arse with both hands....

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy View Post
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.
                    why?
                    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X