• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How to remove your account

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    You realise this is actually a legal issue and "right to be forgotten" has a proper meaning.

Thought not.
    you realise that information posted anonymously, containing no personally identifiable information, is not covered by GDPR?

Thought not.
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy View Post
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.
      The footer on every page has a "Contact Us" link which you could use to contact Them.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
        "I don't like it so it must be illegal." Heard that before.....

PERSONAL INFORMATION is not your made up fake handle...
        But there is a link from your username to your email.

I think there is an argument that at some point in the future, the thought police will deem a lot of what is posted here as illegal with retrospective laws.

Better to delete it all now than have the woke police tracing it back to you and using it to secure a conviction.
        First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Is this the new “test please delete”?

Comment

This is definitely a valid question and I would be interested in what the correct answer is. It does not help that this was posted in General and OP has got a roasting.

What is the policy regarding deleting an account and all the information related to that account? Will posts still show the user name? Can you go back in time and connect the dots and be able to find out who made a post in the past?
            Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy View Post
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise? I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.
                You've asked this before, I believe the general answer to your question was - get bent...

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                  Not yet, it will be if everybody starts posting what they had/plan to have for tea, lunch, dinner etc etc

Pan fried pheasant breast tonight for dinner along with roasted vegetables and celeriac purée.
                  Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
                    But there is a link from your username to your email.
                    Email is not public, plus it can be changed by the user - deleted even (the email account).

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                      you realise that information posted anonymously, containing no personally identifiable information, is not covered by GDPR?

Thought not.
                      Yes I did. I very much doubt you did, since you just copied that from someone else's comment after your initial bleating.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X