• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How to remove your account

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May I ask what it is about? if you are concerned some pesky agency gathering data on you, you are probably too late anyway...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Email is not public, plus it can be changed by the user - deleted even (the email account).
      What if your user name can easily be linked to your identity i.e. you use your real name, or something - not advisable but happens very often - or have posted your website before?

Everyone knows who YOU are because you've told us on the forum. So is it now anonymous, or is this information in the public domain, or what?
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Sent his personal details to the rightful owners of Stevie Wonder trademarks/IP to take immediate legal action against impersonation and putting great singer in disrepute by making crazy demands.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          What if your user name can easily be linked to your identity
          It's the problem of whoever made the choice - it wasn't admin, that's for sure.

Most sad bastards who use GDPR do it as a form of online terrorism to create cost to companies who were not at fault in the first place.

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          Everyone knows who YOU are because you've told us on the forum. So is it now anonymous, or is this information in the public domain, or what?
          No, the only sad gits in the know who I REALLY am are those unlucky ones who received a pre-action letter from my lawyers...

Comment

Email is not public, plus it can be changed by the user - deleted even (the email account).
            Good point, but if you change the email to nonsense, you lose control of the account and probably cannot them confirm you actually want your posts and data deleted.

It would be better if the user control panel had a "delete account and all posts" feature.
            First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
              It would be better if the user control panel had a "delete account and all posts" feature.
              Business opportunity - develop new forum software that supports it and sell it to GDRP harassed admins.

Comment

"Earlier this year, the Internet lawyer Arnoud Engelfriet wrote a blog post about exactly this topic. As it is written in Dutch, I will summarize it here:

As you also said, deleting posts breaks the flow of the archived conversation and it makes your archive incomplete. This is a problem for the freedom of expression and information. But Art. 17(3) GDPR includes an exception to the right of erasure for this situation. So posts do not need to be deleted.

However, profiles are not included in this exception. So they must be removed, but they can be pseudonymized. For example replace the username with user89432, and remove all details from the profile.

If other posts contain the nick of the author of an anonymized post, that is considered an journalistic, academic artistic or literary expression, so Art. 85 GDPR would apply, so the right of erasure does not apply to that.

Bottom line: you only have to pseudonymize the account, if that person wants to be removed from the forum."

internet - Does a user have the right to request their forum posts deleted? - Law Stack Exchange

Get bent Stevie...

Comment

Business opportunity - develop new forum software that supports it and sell it to GDRP harassed admins.
                  Pro tip - to improve sales start a campaign of harassing admins with baseless GDPR requests...

Comment

Pro tip - to improve sales start a campaign of harassing admins with baseless GDPR requests...

I now have a picture of harassed online marketing managers waking up with a squirrels head in their bed.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy View Post
                      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.
                      Forgotten?

Who the f**K are you? Never heard of you.
                      What happens in General, stays in General.
                      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                      X