• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How to remove your account

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    I easily (with no bullying or hassle) removed her Facebook and LinkedIn accounts, including all data.
    Facebook got "real name" policy, pretty sure same applies to LinkedIn.

Plus these are either owned by or are 100 bln+ corporations.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy View Post
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.
      Just gonna throw this out there....

Until this post 99% of the forum had no idea who you were or what you posted, by being a total tool you will now be forever known around here and be added to the lore of such posters as █████, ████, ██████, █████ and how could we forget the legend that was ███████
      Last edited by NotAllThere; 3 February 2021, 21:25. Reason: Redacted by mod
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy View Post

You should not have asked publicly - we will never forget you now.

Comment

At the very least, anonymising the account and remove email and personal data behind the scenes should be a basic option.
          Such a basic option does exist (contact the admins).

But the OP decided not to take that option but instead decided to go for the much more public flouncing option for which she was rightly derided.
          Last edited by Paralytic; 3 February 2021, 14:26.

Comment

Oh, poor you, do you feel bullied? Poor little BR14 ... now run along to your safe space.
            up yours mr S.A.
            i'm thinking about you and your chums harassing other posters.
            feckin holy willy.

Comment

#prayforBR14

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                Facebook got "real name" policy, pretty sure same applies to LinkedIn.

Plus these are either owned by or are 100 bln+ corporations.
                A process is a process ... size of org is irrelevant.

Maybe CUK just needs to state on a sticky what the process is that will be followed. And this is 'agreed' by users going forward so when a user signs up they are doing so with full knowledge (based on current laws).

Not all users on Facebook or LinkedIn are real users Although the vast majority on FB will be.
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
                  Such a basic option does exist (contact the admins).

But the OP decided not to take that option but instead decided to go for the much more public flouncing option for which she was rightly derided.
                  The OP probably didn't help themselves, I agree, but the overreaction of some of the usual suspects doesn't help either.

A written policy and process to refer to would have been an easier solution

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    #prayforBR14
                    Stone me, atw has turned into Harvey.

It must be the drugs.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                      up yours mr S.A.
                      i'm thinking about you and your chums harassing other posters.
                      feckin holy willy.
                      My chums? I'm a loner, I have no chums.

And if you feel harassed I'm sorry. I didn't realise someone who throws out threats like you do, as a little baby who needs a safe space. Knowing you're so delicate I'll be more mindful of what I say to you in future.

Poor little soul

Comment

Working...
                      X