• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boom ... but very early days

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    I would say that selling the house is a good idea - too big, just (bad) memories. But I would be renting rather than buying unless Whorty is moving back to a flat he already owns.
    Renting is not out of the equation just yet. Knowing what's 'right' is hard even though Mrs W and I talked about this before she passed. I'll view a few different types of property to see what feels right, and if none do then renting is definitely an option I'm happy with.
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      You Are Not Cut Out To Be A Contractor.

HTH
      Ah, ok ... still warrants one of these

I can safely say that losing your spouse when that person has been such an important part of your life for 25 years is not the same as rocking up to a client site, logging on to CUK all day, and billing each month. There is a slight difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
        Ah, ok ... still warrants one of these

I can safely say that losing your spouse when that person has been such an important part of your life for 25 years is not the same as rocking up to a client site, logging on to CUK all day, and billing each month. There is a slight difference.
        To be a real contractor you have to say things like "my butler bleeds my radiators" and "INKSPE" (I Never Knew Such Poverty Existed). Bonus points for complaining about the cost of helicopter fuel and bed wetting.

I have never had a spouse who has been important to me for more than 25 seconds.....

Comment

To be a real contractor you have to say things like "my butler bleeds my radiators" and "INKSPE" (I Never Knew Such Poverty Existed). Bonus points for complaining about the cost of helicopter fuel and bed wetting.

I have never had a spouse who has been important to me for more than 25 seconds.....
          Even if you add them all together?
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Renting is not out of the equation just yet. Knowing what's 'right' is hard even though Mrs W and I talked about this before she passed. I'll view a few different types of property to see what feels right, and if none do then renting is definitely an option I'm happy with.
            If you want to complete before the stamp duty holiday is finished you will almost have to rent.

Comment

From losing loved family my advice would be not to rush unless you need to get 'out' from somewhere that has become toxic - which doesn't sound the case here.

Time to sit and take stock, don't make snap decisions.
              Hang in there.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

25 years rocking up to a client site, logging on to CUK all day, and billing each month.
                But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                  If you want to complete before the stamp duty holiday is finished you will almost have to rent.
                  It will be my buyer that is the deciding factor as I'm a cash buyer. Personally I can't see us hitting the deadline, but I'm willing to give it a go if they are. Question is, what will they do when they realise they need to find an extra £15k

What will be will be, but it's keeping me busy

Comment

and that was when you were thinking of NLyUK so you lasted longer?

I am changing your name to "Countdown" , seconds to blast off!
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Question is, what will they do when they realise they need to find an extra £15k
                      I had the bloody opposite, moved on the 7th the day they announced the holiday starting on the 8th

But the eight was also the luckiest day of my life (apart the obvs stuff.) Got the transplant call

So lost 17K, but gained a kidney!
                      But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Working...
                      X