• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boom ... but very early days

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    If there's a a long chain, make sure you put the price up 10k on the morning of exchange. It's what Mrs W would have wanted.

The buyers are looking to progress chain free as their sale won't go through fast enough due to a long chain. Not our style though to shaft people
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      Good luck, cant really advise to how sudden it is as the two relatives who passed their partners stayed in the Family home for quite a while. But if you are getting older then lower maintenance as a choice is probably sensible. Being able to walk to the Pub, shop etc. to join up with mates is definitely an advantage my Father & Mother in law have fully enjoyed (pre lockdown). Keeping them off the road is also good at their age.

They both had large family homes but one moved ~25 years after and the other moved ~5 years before to smaller village locations.

Rip your CDs or subscribe to a service it saves a lot of space.
      CDs and dvds ripped years ago and all on a monster SSD drive

Saying that though, pretty much all music is available free on YouTube these days via the TV so I rarely even play these CDs unless in the car.

Comment

Originally posted by whorty View Post

the buyers are looking to progress chain free as their sale won't go through fast enough due to a long chain. Not our style though to shaft people
        yacncotbac

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          yacncotbac
          Nope ... I'm lost

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            FTFY

He said single not Incel.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

I'm realistic and know that house sales fall through all the time, so this really is a 'watch this space' .... but still, a mini boom that may become a proper boom

I'm saying this through empathy and not being a git. I'm saying this through empathy and not being a git; but I'd consider whether now is the best time to be making big decisions, take care and take time .. So sorry to hear your news .

Comment

Not our style though to shaft people
                Good for you, because tricks like that can bite you in the a*se. The house we bought last year was just one of two. The other buyer, two weeks before exchange demanded a 20K reduction, the builder refused and told the buyer to think carefully before pulling out. The buyer was adamant and pulled out. He phoned up the next day to say he would pay full price. "Too late" said the builder, "already resold it". Then the buyer said he would buy one on the next phase but the builder told him he didn't have a chance and he wouldn't deal with him again! Then his wife phones up in tears claiming she knew nothing about it! Wouldn't like to be him if that's true!
                But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
                  I'm saying this through empathy and not being a git. I'm saying this through empathy and not being a git; but I'd consider whether now is the best time to be making big decisions, take care and take time .. So sorry to hear your news .
                  I would say that selling the house is a good idea - too big, just (bad) memories. But I would be renting rather than buying unless Whorty is moving back to a flat he already owns.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Before I lost my wife we talked about what I would do after she was gone. She told me to sell up and buy something more suitable for a single bloke. Anyway, this is what happened last week ....
                    Is it true that your wife asked you before she died that if you get remarried your new wife would use old wife's golf clubs - you said no because she is left handed?

Comment

Nope ... I'm lost
                      You Are Not Cut Out To Be A Contractor.

HTH

Comment

Working...
                      X