• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

London perm salaries

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    NAT, if you earn £100k a year, and pay it all to your grandmother who has dementia, and you have power of attorney over her affairs, then you can take all the money yourself and pay no tax on it. Don't you understand?
    Quite like your parents sell the house to you and move into a different property and paying rent - Then when care home fees are due the parents conveniently have no assets - If that was all planned seven years before the funds gifted nothing that can be done

I m pleased you liked to take a serious thread and invite people who have plenty of time to pass to mock it

In fufutre I ll keep my thoughts private and invite you to continue to discuss Atw and bit coin both highly relevant to IT professionals and contractors

Comment

Originally posted by LondonPM1 View Post
      Complete nonsense - I imagine many people have investments and passive income

The fact of the matter is that the new normal is perm work and contracting is over - My point is to show that perm salary is not great

If I am mistaken with the figures that is where your kind contribution would be useful

If my figures are correct you should be alarmed that more people wont up sticks and leave the UK
      The average salary in the UK is about £26k. Imagine how many people you are insulting by suggesting you couldn't live on a £100k salary, plus your investment income. Now think about how this makes you look.
      Last edited by Whorty; 14 September 2020, 12:38.
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
        The average salary in the UK is about £26k. Imagine how many people you are insulting by suggesting you couldn't live on a £100k salary, plus your investment income. No think about how this makes you look.
        This site is for those earning contracting money smart enough to have worked out the UK tax rules - Not the average northerner working in wetherspoons

If people have been earning 650++ for ten to twenty years I imagine many have passive incomes north of that

How dare me for trying to bill 15K+ VAT a month when people working as nurses dont earn that a year

Comment

Well thanks for clearing that up for us, I thought the site was for retired s like me & xogg.

Then again, I never earned £700/day coz I'm an engineer.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

This site is for those earning contracting money smart enough to have worked out the UK tax rules - Not the average northerner working in wetherspoons

If people have been earning 650++ for ten to twenty years I imagine many have passive incomes north of that

How dare me for trying to bill 15K+ VAT a month when people working as nurses dont earn that a year
            that all?
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Thanks very much - This is helpful - Are you happy being perm and is take home better or worse for you in your circumstances
              I'm happy being perm for now. I haven't been perm long so have yet to do the maths.

Comment

I don't earn £650 a day and don't have passive income anywhere near £75k per year, yet I can happily live on £100k a year in London. The fact you can't says more about you than me or Northerners mate.

What you're saying, and I guess hoping you'd have some sympathy from other (you presume) like minded people is it's OK to evade tax. Problem is fella that the NHS and all the other services we enjoy in the UK come from tax revenue so when tax evasion strips the public purse, especially at times like now, it goes down like a bag a sick.

Here are some options for you:

1) Enjoy your 'small' passive income of £75k and live abroad
                2) Come to the UK and get yourself a £650+ a day contract and get creative with your taxes and see how that pans out
                3) Get a £100k perm job (yeah, good luck with that too) and pay your taxes like everyone else does

For me, the obvious way to avoid paying tax legally is to dump large numbers into a pension (it's what I do) but for some reason you don't want to go that route so not really much else you can do legally or morally.
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Merging LPM's 2 threads about salaries. No point in people replying multiple times to the same boasts, or get the same refusal to accept multiple times.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                    trolling the professional forums? tsk tsk.
                    Nope. This in General.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      NAT, if you earn £100k a year, and pay it all to your grandmother who has dementia, and you have power of attorney over her affairs, then you can take all the money yourself and pay no tax on it. Don't you understand?
                      I say! I know Cojak had a birthday recently, but that's a bit much!

Comment

Working...
                      X