• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

London perm salaries

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
    When people say "contracting seems well and truly finished", I think what they mean is "contracting as way to work like an employee but be paid significantly more is well and truly finished".

    Those running "proper" consultancy can continue to win work, but it is obviously a bit harder at present.

    Para

    Actually, I think you have hit the nail on the head.

    You are absolutely right when we all think about it honestly, a lot of us were getting paid significantly more than Permies for doing similar roles (except we could be “let go easily”)

    That will no longer be the case.

    Comment


      Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      You had 15 years to make yourself a specialist and stay ahead of the changing market.
      You have to remember Greg that most of us are tulip & contracting gave us the opportunity to remain one step ahead by moving when close to getting made as incompetent by client co. Permidom will be hard.

      That & the money.

      Comment


        Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        You had 15 years to make yourself a specialist and stay ahead of the changing market.
        I think you are starting to get a touch of Dementia, I never talked about “15 years”, must be a different thread...

        But I think your point is
        - if you are a specialist at something, you can be ok even in the bad times for contracting

        My argument is
        - Sure, continue contracting for all those who want to
        - But in general, for those in normal roles and who aren’t a specialist in xyz, think carefully

        Comment


          Originally posted by PermMCCon View Post
          I think you are starting to get a touch of Dementia, I never talked about “15 years”, must be a different thread...

          But I think your point is
          - if you are a specialist at something, you can be ok even in the bad times for contracting

          My argument is
          - Sure, continue contracting for all those who want to
          - But in general, for those in normal roles and who aren’t a specialist in xyz, think carefully
          I think it was me who said I worked for 15 years

          I have to admit at not being a specialist at anything or indeed massively intelligent - I am just average

          But I am adaptable and I can learn quickly and change on demand and work hard when I need to - Thats got me a long way

          Comment


            Originally posted by PermMCCon View Post
            I think you are starting to get a touch of Dementia, I never talked about “15 years”, must be a different thread...

            But I think your point is
            - if you are a specialist at something, you can be ok even in the bad times for contracting

            My argument is
            - Sure, continue contracting for all those who want to
            - But in general, for those in normal roles and who aren’t a specialist in xyz, think carefully
            Originally posted by LondonPM1 View Post
            I think it was me who said I worked for 15 years

            I have to admit at not being a specialist at anything or indeed massively intelligent - I am just average

            But I am adaptable and I can learn quickly and change on demand and work hard when I need to - Thats got me a long way
            Apologies about the 15 years business, the two of you just merged into a single whiny pole choker.

            Comment


              Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
              You have to remember Greg that most of us are tulip & contracting gave us the opportunity to remain one step ahead by moving when close to getting made as incompetent by client co. Permidom will be hard.

              That & the money.
              That's certainly most of the contractors I've worked with over the years

              I laugh when I read on here that contractors are somehow more superior to permies, when my experience is that most contractors are working that way because they can't get a perm role
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

              Comment


                Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                Nope. This in General.
                Originally posted by LondonPM1 View Post
                after 15 years financial experience 9 of which was a contractor I can tell you that contracting seems well and truly finished - If it wasnt covid it was all the IR35 changes and if it wasnt that it was brexit and roles being moved to the EU

                I always laughed when reading this site when people would say they reason they were contractors was because they could not put up with "permie performance ratings" I found that hilarious given it was twice a year and often thought it was secret code for convicning themselves of something

                For me contracting was always about the money and the take home pay - I never in my life thought it was anything else

                Trying to go perm now is not because I want to but because contracting for banks is finished and the rates are gone and the tax breaks are gone

                Am I safer as a perm in a bank - No
                Am I poorer as a perm from take home - Yes
                Ahh, at last! - it's in general!

                i hate agreeing with OG, but the OP is a whingeing
                or just a braggart.
                either way, FOLPM1

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  Apologies about the 15 years business, the two of you just merged into a single whiny pole choker.
                  I was suspecting whether PermMCCon = LondonPM1

                  It wouldn't be the first time on here where someone has their sockie post agreements to their own posts when everyone else thinks they're bonkers wrong
                  I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                    It wouldn't be the first time on here where someone has their sockie post agreements to their own posts when everyone else thinks they're bonkers wrong

                    I agree WTFHorty.
                    {emotionless greeting}

                    Three Word Slogan

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                      I was suspecting whether PermMCCon = LondonPM1

                      It wouldn't be the first time on here where someone has their sockie post agreements to their own posts when everyone else thinks they're bonkers wrong
                      I was wondering if Whorty == OldGreg == WTFH

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X